MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Road closed ahead

Sign was put in front of my house , politely put to side of road but very seeable!

Of course the attitude here is ...seeing is believing......... so drivers go flying through ignoring the sign and around the curve , yep the road is closed and they can’t get to the bar!!!!!!!!

So they have to turn around and go the long way around. I wonder what they are doing but am not curious enough to walk down there to see.

• Like 5
  • Annarchy changed the title to Road closed ahead

If they are having that much trouble following the road sign, just think of the troubles they will have coming back the other way returning from the bar! Hope a bridge isn't out. They might sober up quickly if they get a good dunking though.  :D

• Haha 2

They do turn around here at night because they can not tell left from right when they leave the bar which was not even open when I bought this place.....

The road was open before the school bus come through.

People around here just do not take kindly to to obstructions or closures.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:50 AM, Twilight said:

Of course the attitude here is ...seeing is believing......... so drivers go flying through ignoring the sign and around the curve , yep the road is closed and they can’t get to the bar!!!!!!!!

Well, you DO live in the "Show Me" state!!! :24:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In case you wondered?

The old culverts were dug up and I think new ones were put in. Then........

they piled dirty gravel, or maybe some call it mountain gravel....about 2 feet high.....you know , like a speed bump..... only much, much higher and no going around it........guaranteed to slow you down and creep.

When this stuff gets wet it packs hard!!!! 

I really don’t think they were county but.......they got her done.....the second one is not so high.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1