MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

Incoming...East Coast....H. Florence RURR??

A lot of farm animals died from the flood waters. The last i heard it was up to 3.4 million poultry and 5,500 pigs. No report on the cattle yet. 

A real shame for the animals and farmers livelihood. Prices will probably rise too.

• Sad 2

Growing up in a field crop farmer family....yeah.  That is ALL bad news.  A lot of crops were just ready for harvest too.  When they heard Flo was coming, many grabbed what they could from their fields but not nearly enough time.  The bad part about livestock....massive flooding spreads contaminates from their poo and the carcasses.  With that amount of livestock dead...oye.  EPA super-site.  Those are numbers I just can't imagine.  We used to have tornado/wind insurance.  I'd imagine hurricane insurance is pretty pricey.  Tempts smaller operations to do without....which might sink them in this case.  :(

MtRider :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

The dead animals will be going to a rendering plant as I heard.

There is no telling how contaminated the water is, from lagoons, commercial sewage systems etc.

The dead animals can not be in good condition as water will decompose fast. Why don’t they decompose for fertilizer instead of dog food. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree Twilight.   Dog food?!?!  :angry:

Reminds me of our Miki's dogs. They get their own home canned food. All dogs should be as lucky! :wub:

I wouldn't mind eating her dog food. Never thought I say that to someone. :008Laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I wouldn't mind eating her dog food.

Gene had a can of it awhile back.  He thought it was chicken rice soup.  Only remark was it needed salt and he didn't really care for the sweet potatoes in it.  LOL

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, snapshotmiki said:

Gene had a can of it awhile back.  He thought it was chicken rice soup.  Only remark was it needed salt and he didn't really care for the sweet potatoes in it.  LOL

:24:

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.