MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is this true....pet grooming deaths?

Mt_Rider

If you count only groomers.. their numbers are shocking.

Carelessness if you want to call it that.. walk off and leave a dog on 

the table, head up in the high choke position, panic or moves

and falls off the table. I have heard about these for many years. 

Petsmart , I have seen people working with the dogs that definitely were

not well versed in what they were doing.

• Sad 2

Abby doesn't know what a groomer is ... except when hubby holds her collar and I straddle her with my doggie nail clippers :24:  And because she loves to swim, baths are not necessary.  We just take her somewhere where  she can take a nice swim or we parade her out in the rain and dry her off with nice clean towels (which she loves).  The vet says her skin and coat are in excellent condition.

• Like 3

I have heard about that but it was quite a long time ago. 

I always had a short haired dog (beagles) so she didn't need a groomer either. A lot of dogs do though. I'm lying, I needed to take her to get her nails cut about every other month.They were black and you couldn't see the quick. They scared me to death. D-ex made them bleed the first time we tried to cut them and that was the end of that. I didn't leave her though. Five minutes and five dollars and we were in and out. 

Abby always did have a beautiful coat...and eyes. 

• Like 1

Just got off the phone talking with a lady I have house sit for many times. She and her husband both work full time and have a full time farm to come home to. So for the last several years they have been taking the Shelties to the local groomer to trim nails and give baths. When they picked up the Sheltie recently , he was limping. The groomer swore he was limping when they dropped him off. They had also clipped him so his beautiful coat was only one inch. They took him to the DVM when he would not stop limping....thought maybe his nails were cut too short. The DVM on X-ray said he had developed arthritis after an injury.   I am guessing he fell off the table on his back. 

He nor the other Sheltie will NOT be going back to the groomer.

• Sad 4

I'm sure there are WONDERFUL groomers out there who love all the critters :wub:  who are brought to them.  But.....  I do not think I'd take an child to doctor/salon/etc without being present.  I do not think I'd take a critter to anyone either, without being present.  If they don't allow the owner's presence...seeeya!  :wave:  

MtRider ....these stories are distressing!!!!!!  :( 

• Like 2
On 9/22/2018 at 1:21 AM, Jeepers said:

I have heard about that but it was quite a long time ago. 

I always had a short haired dog (beagles) so she didn't need a groomer either. A lot of dogs do though. I'm lying, I needed to take her to get her nails cut about every other month.They were black and you couldn't see the quick. They scared me to death. D-ex made them bleed the first time we tried to cut them and that was the end of that. I didn't leave her though. Five minutes and five dollars and we were in and out. 

Abby always did have a beautiful coat...and eyes. 

And adores her human daddy giving her a good brushing on a regular basis!

• Like 1