MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

Pray for my mom...all of us

Hi everyone.  Our daughters/family are here from Maui.  My brother/niece are here from D.C.  We went to lunch today, all together for the first time...celebrate my parents' 70th anniversary.  Upon arriving home, my mom was taking off her shoes, tilted too far and fell.  She's in hospital with broken hip.  All day - ten of us in the waiting room, etc.  Hopefully she will have surgery in the morning... Tues at the latest.  Please pray all will go well and that she will be able to regain walking well.  We are sorry that this is not what we planned for their visit, but so very thankful that we have all this family around right now to help DH and I support my folks. 

Thanks to all who have prayed for my health [non-contagious] issues.  I was in ER on Friday...(same ER people saw me today).  But I am so much better now!  Yet this will DRAIN me so please continue to pray for my heath/stamina.  And for my dad who is so worried. 

Life has been one serious mishap/medical issue after another in the past 15 months.  {Hanging on with our fingernails, here God...please send us relief from traumatic events!}
MtRider  :pray:
  • Sad 4

Oh Dear. I'm so sorry your family is going through this. It's nice that your family is rallied around you though. I'm know it wasn't what they were expecting (how could they) but I'm sure they have a feeling of usefulness too. Maybe they can help get your parents house ready for when she comes home? Room for a wheel chair or walker and no trip rugs etc. Keeping busy helps.

Sending up healing prayers for your dear mother and calming prayers for your dear father. And for you...well, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

:bighug2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry this has happened to your mother and your own health concerns. I hope you have a good hip surgeon.  One thing today is the severe reduction of pain medication. Some doctors will not prescribe or listen to pleas of pain meds

Prayers lifted for all.

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry about your mom's fall!  I will pray for her surgeon and hospital team!  How is your dad holding up?  I am glad you have lots of family around and try to get some rest, yourself.

• Thanks 1

Whew...long day.  My dad called at 8am.  He was under the impression that when the surgeon said they'd get her up and walking right away....that she's be walking out the door.  Over the phone, I can't penetrate what he thinks he heard.  Then I start getting other calls about my brother and altitude sickness....and his dd is worried cuz bro decided he needs to leave TODAY....but can't get into plane with this amount of head congestion/can't breathe.  So they're calculating that he has to drive to the middle of KS so he can breathe before catching a flight home from there.  As convoluted as that seems, it's true.  He could not stand to be on a plan if he can't breathe...and he's claustrophobic anyway. 

BUT when he called me next, I told him our mother was NOT going into surgery thinking her son was driving by himself that distance with extremely unclear thinking !!!   [having lost 3 nites of sleep and the effects of altitude] Well, that got thru his "I'm going to just drive and get out of the high altitude so you all can take care of the folks."  :shakinghead:  As his dd wanted, he agreed that they would both drive their rental car to KS...her driving til his head was better.  They spend tonight [hopefully SLEEPING] and both get on a plane tomorrow.  He'll go on home.  She'll return here...and rent another car.  In truth, it was a medical evacuation....along with everything ELSE going on.  They're ok and we'll see his dd later tomorrow.  Rough on her...long drive but only safe solution.  I don't think my bro will ever try coming up to high altitude again.  He's always had trouble but this was the worst.

On a MUCH BETTER TOPIC..... :amen:  ...my mom's surgery was late today.  The surgeon is a sweetheart.  Jolly but professional.  Talked to my folks and us several times before and after.  Answered my dad's questions.  :thumbs:  And when my mom came back to the room from recovery, she looked BETTER!  She was still a bit out of it and told of weird, awful dreams while under anesthesia....but not in pain.  Has new ball on the femur.  Incision will be painful while it heals.  Surgeon estimates 3 days before she can climb stairs and handle things at home.  :happy0203:  

At their house, my Maui men [including Grsons] made short work of moving beds down to bedroom on main floor.  That way she only has to do stairs coming and going from the house.  We've suggested it before but it does create other problems.  But it's certainly doable for now.  My dad was SO glad for the help.  He told us to take them out to eat lunch on him.  We did...Mexican and everyone loved their meal.  My folks know we have to have some time to be with our kids too.  Then we got back at hospital in time for her surgery.  Maui group took the boys on some activities...cuz it's been an odd "vacation" so far. 

Tomorrow Maui group is coming out here and will go fishing near here with DH.  Not sure if I'll be up for that or not.  Don't want to miss time with them...but I'm edging on exhaustion.  I don't fish...I just hang out.  I might as well do that there...if I can stay warm.  :shrug:  Gonna be FREEEZING COLD!  Unless the sun comes out.  Trying to outfit them with not-in-town clothes for fishing.  Big guys tho with big feet.  We'll survive.  DH and I been stopping over after leaving hospital and they feed us.  Then we have a chance to talk.  Those have been good times. 

Time is warped.  Seems like they've been here for a week.  Does not seem like less than 36 hrs since she fell.  Seems like this has been going on for a LOT longer.  Animals are feeling a bit lost without me here every day.  Koa will join the fishing group.  Grsons want to see her pounce two-footed on any fish that DH catches.....crazy dog.  Happened one time and DH is yelling "MINE!" at her to leave it alone.  :laughkick:   I wish I'd seen that scene!

So my Bro is safe.  My niece will be back here tomorrow.  My mom is fixed and on the road to recovery.  My dad looks like a wilted balloon....so relieved that her surgery went well.  And we're squeezing time in with our Maui group.  Yeah....it's going fine.  Except my mom is going to be so unhappy about not being able to participate as she'd like.  They will begin to visit her tomorrow...a couple at a time.  :bouquet: 

THANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYERS AND KIND WORDS!!!!  :grouphug: 

MtRider   ... :offtobed: 

Edited by Mt_Rider

What an eventful few days for you all!  I'm so glad your mom is doing well and that your brother is safe now!  I pray that everyone can fit a little rest in soon!

• Thanks 1

Niece finally got back to us after driving my brother outta altitude.  She and I kept my mom company while DH took my dad home and did hours with him to settle the house for her eventual homecoming.  My dd's came in for a short visit with their Grma too.  My mom had a 2 hr nap, then was alert for a while but was drifting out again so we all left.  She'd had a big day of getting up X5 for just a few steps.  OUCH!  They are diligent in keeping the pain under control so it doesn't wear her down.  Maui group, DH, Niece and I all gathered at Maui house for wonderful supper.  They'd gone shopping again...boys played at an antique arcade.  They are finding things to do while we are tied up.  It was a good time tonite and tomorrow is fishing for Maui and DH.  I'm staying home to rest all day.  Niece will bring my dad back to hospital and DH will meet up there at some point.  .....and we MUST get my wheelchair out of niece's rental car [oops, forgot it tonite].  Then she'll be leaving us in the afternoon.  Odd visit but for all of us who are surviving this ordeal, I think it's bonding us more strongly.  ....would have been easier if we'd just have fun tho.  ;)

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.