MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

And now H.Michael?

Yet another major hurricane possible/likely?  Meet H. Michael.  Ambergris???  Anyone else?  More rain over the Carolinas?  And Kappy?  Hopefully the wind will be diminished by GA.  Otherwise Chainsaw Mary will be called upon again, yeah?

Whooooeee, what a year for tropical storms.  And has anyone been watching the convoluted 'dance' of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Leslie in Atlantic?  That crazy thing might wind up AGAIN.  Longest running storm I've ever seen I think.  Sept 25th to now? 

MtRider  ...storm watcher  [ahem, not storm chaser]  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 2

I came home from a retreat Sunday afternoon to find the bread and water shelves cleaned off.   Went for gas and found the regular place shut down for the night.  Went out Monday mid--morning (called it an early lunch at work) and took 40 minutes to get gas--got it then only because they put up signs saying nothing but 93 octane was left.  My first major hurricane in a double-wide trailer, so I did a little scurrying and hand-wringing, but the track has shifted now.  We are still in the cone of probability, but really right on the edge of it. 

Did I mention I left my blue ice packs at the lake?

• Sad 1

Oh my Ambergris. I've been thinking about you all day. Are you in the pan handle area? Sending up prayers of safety for you where ever you are!!! Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

I saw that shift on the TV in hospital waiting room.  I thot it might let you out of the main focus.  :amen: 

But....not outta the whole deal, of course.  Batten down friend! 

MtRider  :pray:  Praying it will just water your yard and plantings! 

• Thanks 1

Yep, stores are EMPTY both of groceries and hardware.  Glad we are preppers and have that stuff already on hand.  

Worked today staging our supplies in more accessible places just in case.  We are both tired and sore, but we got 'er done.  Even moved our large generator to the carport for shelter from the rain (at least better than outdoors).  Things that need charging - are charged.  Solar lights - are charged and in place.  Batteries are replaced.  Washing, drying, dishwasher running and other things requiring electricity - done.  Yard items - secured.  Spare tarps located, tools and electrical cords in place, and spare gas cans filled days ago (before the lines formed). Alternative cooking & refrigeration options in place.  We even picked up extra bug spray (those mosquitos were TERRIBLE in the Carolinas after the last hurricane).  Now we sit back and watch the events.  I guess it is supposed to hit us this time...but weather predicting is not exactly accurate, either.  We shall see.:reading:

I find it ironic that this hurricane is named after the archangel charged with defending us from evil. 

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 3

My son is noting the difference between our reactions and obsessions.  He went through a typhoon in Okinawa, but he hasn't gone through a major hurricane in civilian buildings.  I suspect we will be reading the same page a lot more for the next one that comes through here.

• Like 3

I need to call my little brother. He & his wife are near the GA/FL border near the military base. They were ready for Florence, I suspect they still are. 

Stay safe everyone. 

We are watching the next one headed for the Baja. 

• Like 3

I noticed about the name Michael too, Kappy.  However....

When I think of an angel named Michael I think of that movie Michael with John Travolta. Say what you will about him but the man can dance. Drool.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 2

Staggering......just :o    

Pray for  all who are going to have affects from this.  Hope Kappy checks in soon too. 

MtRider  :pray: 

On 10/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, Annarchy said:

Believe it or not we knew nothing about it until we returned from our vacation....nothing was mentioned...???  We don't have "fancy phones" and most of the family was busy visiting and no tv....they don't watch much tv any time.  Sure did terrible damages to Florida and Georgia!  We had rain all the way home, and the flooding throughout Texas and Oklahoma was astounding!  Guess northern Missouri got dumped on too!

Edited by The WE2's
  • Sad 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.