MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
mommato3boys

Weird things in your first aid kit....

Hubby will be building a "platform" for our mattress when we get moved.  BUT...he's got strict orders :hidingsmile:that it will not be high enough for buckets!  I have enough trouble getting out of this bed as it is!  I was told by nurses (when my first husband was so disabled) that the perfect height for a bed is to back up against the edge of the bed and that the top of the mattress should be at the bottom of your bottom.  Right now that's not where this bed & box springs hits me!  I have to hitch a hip to crawl in.  My 6' er ...well...it's fine for him.  But he's a bit taller than I am! :24:

• Haha 1

The bed I sleep in when I go to sons house is tall too. I have to crawl in it head first. It's not so much the bed but the mattress. 

I plan to get some bed rails for g'sons twin size bed. Probably should pick up an extra set for myself.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Probably not first aid but it's something I never of.  

I just watched a video of a woman who now has a mouth guard in her supplies after she chipped a tooth. Granted she is younger and does heavy lifting and farm work but she said from now on when she lifts hay bales and feed sacks she is going to wear a mouth guard. I could see the benefit of wearing one while chopping wood or anything else that might fly up and hit you in the mouth too.

She got one of those you soak in hot water and mold it to your mouth. She said they were around $1.00 at Wal-Mart. I've seen them at drug stores too. I'm putting a couple on my list. Especially now that my balance is getting iffy. Jeepers = bull in a china shop. I can't imagine me doing anything that strenuous any more like chopping wood or digging post holes etc. but something similar could happen. Or son might use one.

A chipped tooth or even worse, a knocked out tooth can be painful and very expensive to repair or replace. But imagine if there is no dentist available!

P.S. She also wears an elastic wedding band to help prevent a metal one from catching on something and ripping her finger off. D-ex almost lost a finger while playing basketball. It got snagged on the rim of the hoop while he was doing a simple lay up.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie-9RmpHGcc

• Like 1

Wow...that's something to think about.  Esp. for wood chopping, etc. 

Wedding band...ouch!  Kept losing mine....x3...so I took it off.  Outside twice in the mud and FOUND IT   :amen:  .....and once fumbled at airport security....was turned into Lost/Found and I claimed it.  :amen:     Watch bands are another thing that catches....and should release.

MtRider  :thumbs:  

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Jeepers said:

A chipped tooth or even worse, a knocked out tooth can be painful and very expensive to repair or replace. But imagine if there is no dentist available!

Guess what I did today?

• Sad 3

:o   You didn't....  :(   Sheeesh, you are not having a great season right now, friend. 

MtRider  :hug3:    .....gotta be super frustrating.  Hang in there.

• Thanks 1

That’s interesting.  I tend to grind/clamp tightly, my teeth while doing hard stuff. 

• Like 2

Here's another piece of safety equipment to consider having on hand if you live in earthquake country...or tornado alley...or hurricane country...or anywhere there is a danger of debris falling or being blown around and possibly causing a head injury: a bicycle helmet!

• Like 4

I've heard  football, bicycle, equestrian, or motorcycle helmets.   I think WE2 brought up this a while ago too.  (?)   Families need to remember that they have resources....by thinking outside the box. 

How's the tooth, Ambergris?  :(

MtRider  :thumbs:  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

How's the tooth, Ambergris?  :(

Ditto ^

• Like 1

Dentist does not think it's salvageable without a crown and root canal.  Without it, I will have no paired molars (one up and one down that meet).  Time to look at false teeth.  Turns out I lost my dental insurance when the year turned over.  I've painted the tooth with anesthetic for now.

• Sad 3

Maybe a partial plate? One that just has your missing teeth in it?  :(

• Like 1

:pray:   ...that this crazy stuff will back off and leave you alone already!!!  :tapfoot: 

MtRider  :hug3: 

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.