MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

Earthquake check-in

That must have been awful....live thru endless time the first one....then immediately a large aftershock too.  :(

Anyone see how HUGE the waves were in Hawaii earlier this week?  Don't suppose there is any connection?  :shrug: 

MtRider  ...reporting any deaths/injuries?  Haven't been on news yet..  :pray: 

As of today all of the reports I've seen have said no injuries or fatalities. That would be incredible. 

December in Alaska with no power...frightening.

I shared this pic on my FB page. I find the symmetry of the destruction fascinating. So sorry for the person trapped, though.

47129555_10155707892766712_7519366508313575424_n.jpg

Here's a link to the album it came from: 

Edited by Midnightmom

I was listening to the radio and they had a person call in to give an update, they said, “...hold on, we’re getting an after shock...” You could hear the rumbling for about a minute or so. They said their whole town was without power and the temperature was 28*. 

Scary sound. I can’t imagine living in an area like that. 

It was bad. I have now heard from my various friends in Alaska, and none were injured. At least, due to the type of quake, there was no tsunami. I am glad I no longer live there.

BUT, instead, I deal with tornadoes. :twister3: We were unscathed, but some in my region are homeless. Many were injured. Many homes were destroyed.

Still, having grown up with big storms and not with big quakes, I picked tornado country over earthquakes and volcanoes.

Yeah...kinda late in the year for Midwest tornadoes .....

MtRider  ....homeless in CA.....AK.....Midwest ....  :pray: 

Every area has their disasters. Mine is tornados too. 

I wouldn't want to have to deal with fires and earthqhakes. I suppose if I had to pick my poison I'd take hurricanes. At least you know they are coming and can prepare to hunker down or get out of Dodge. I'm not try to minimize their damage! They are awful too. But if I had to choose...

Or a blizzard. I can prepare for them too.

Yeah...blizzards are fine IF.....you stay off the roads, you have decent shelter or all animals, you're prepared to lose elect. due to snow-ladened branches falling on power lines [alternate source of HEAT], and you don't have any medical emergencies until roads [and your driveway] is cleared.  We park a vehicle very close to the road during expected blizzards.  If we have to hand-shovel to the road....we're not locked in waaaaaaay up here by the house.  We don't have all that but have done blizzards fine anyway.  Sure beats wildfire, earthquake, tornado.....

MtRider  .....nothing gets easier as you get older tho...  :grinning-smiley-044:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.