MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gofish

No TP required

Just remember to grab all the extra/unclaimed phone books.  No glossy paper.  Smunch them up really good....and flatten them out again.  Makes the page softer.  ;)   There is always the 'family cloth' ...treated like diapers; bucket then wash.  Old T shirts don't get tossed out here...  Just In Case. 

This thread should be 'TMI' instead of 'TP'  :lol:

....remember outhouses. 

MtRider  ....calculating the street value of TP .....post-Hooey.  Jeepers will be rich and we'll have known her 'when'...  :laughkick:  

• Haha 2

I remember my great-aunt's outhouse, with the catalog under a piece of wood to keep it dry.  And the water-bugs between the pages.  You got a page and scrubbed it against the piece of wood to soften it and take the shiny off, and then you used it.  And then you used another and another, because you could never get clean.

• Like 2

Paper has changed, so stay with the tp, and not magazines/newspapers, etc.  (Remembering stories of splinters found in early TP :sSig_help2:)

As to the light problem, when we revamped the house (electricity!  indoor plumbing!), we put lit switches in.  Easy to find in dark and put out enough light to navigate.  Never have to replace bulbs/nightlights either.  I have used luminescence paint, but not a good solution, one has to keep renewing such.  Mother took the 'tritium' out of a compass and stuck that on the door handle. 

As to the bidet wipe, think handkerchief.  All women have them.  Usually made from 'diaper' cloth.  But one 'blots', not wipes.  And yes, perfumed.  We have our version of 'wet wipes' in a crock by the seat.  Second crock gets the used for later laundering. 

Sarah

On 12/6/2018 at 11:04 PM, Mt_Rider said:

the 'family cloth' ...treated like diapers; bucket then wash.  Old T shirts don't get tossed out here

A few years ago I went to WM and bought a large amount of soft flannel and with my pinking sheers cut "personal clothes" that I can use, and save the tp for both of us for the #2 end...tmi?  We also bought a Diaper Genie and that's what I can use to put my personal clothes in.  We'll use tp as long as we can...but we do have two large 33 gallon trash containers that we have full.  We just pull the cardboard out, mash them flat and into the can they went.  I think we get about 100 rolls in a can.  We bought the flat top lids so they sit on top of each other.  Adding a note...we bought the tp at Aldis when they carried the 4 roll packages for 59 cents.  We buy the regular rolls we like for immediate use.  I don't know if Aldis carries those any more or not...I may need to check?

Edited by The WE2's

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.