MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gofish

No TP required

I've often wondered with the bidet....doesn't one need TP to dry off after?

MtRider  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't really get the whole concept of a bidet either. I know how they work but I don't understand how they get you cleaner than TP.  I'd like a report on someone using one then using TP right afterward to see how clean you really are. And yes you do still have to dry off. I suppose a personal drying cloth? Guess I'm going to have to Google it. I can only imagine my viewing history on my computers permanent hard drive already. 

Edited by Jeepers
Spacing issues. Thanks Kindle.
  • Haha 1

Long ago my friend went traveling and was NOT expecting a bidet.  Oye!  Bug-eyed surprise that was!

MtRider  :lol:

• Haha 1

Better hope you have warm water...:laughkick: I remember using squirt bottles after having babies and having hysterectomy.  You get the water all over your bottom!  I bought lots of soft flannel and cut them in 12x12 squares for personal clothes.  I also bought a diaper genie thing.  Just a little peroxide in the water, pitch your PC into it and no odors and ready for washing when one is ready to wash them.

On my, I thought about the cold water too.

And those porcelain bidets don't have seats like a toilet. I'm thinking of all the times I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night and "someome" forgot to put the seat back down. Cold rude awakening... for the entire family.   :gaah:

• Haha 5

Uhhh yup, “splash”  BTDT too, Jeepers. And sitting down on the closed lid is a shock to the system. :groooansmileyf:

• Haha 3

Hee Hee Annarchy, I've done that too. Funny how our body automatically adjusts to seating heights and expectations even in the dark. 

Living alone does have the advantage of knowing the toilet is always ready to greet me with open arms...I mean lid. And clean and DRY too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:lol:  Night lights, people!  They solve a lot...even if your eyes are half-closed.

MtRider  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

:lol:  Night lights, people!  They solve a lot...even if your eyes are half-closed.

MtRider  :grinning-smiley-044:

An absolute must!  We have night lights in every room.  Have had too many friends and relatives stagger and fall, stub toes, run into things you name it. Had an aunt lose her life because she was walking through her livingroom in the dark (she'd lived there 40 years) and went off balance, fell and hit her head on one of her end tables.  Lighting is good!

Ahem, some of us would need a spotlight.

The bathroom I use at night doesn't have a plug in. I'm thinking the new house is like that too. The sink is in one area and the tub and toilet are in another. I have a couple of night lights around. My bedroom is pretty well lit up. Between the nightlight in the hall, Kindle plug in, and clock radio. Also the outside light shines up the stairs. 

I've lived here about 30 years and about a year ago I missed the toilet. Sat right down on the floor. I almost made it. One cheek grazed the seat. That'll wake you up fast. :shakinghead: 

:coffeescreen:       Oh heavens!  Sorry, Jeepers....hope you weren't hurt.  But just THINKING of what a SHOCK that would be...  {...hope you didn't have real urgency in that trip to bathroom}  :unsure:  

Our bathroom is absolutely TOO SMALL to miss.  Shower wall on one side and sink on the other.  We use a low level LED light in the living room....and it's on 24/7.  No forgetting to turn it on and off.  It lights up kitchen and little 3 steps from bedroom to bathroom.  In bathroom is a night light bright enough to see spiders.....  :animal0017: ....and such. 

MtRider  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

I had to laugh about it later. It was such a shock at the time. Who misses the toilet stone cold sober?  :hi:

I wasn't really hurt. I mentioned to Annarchy in another post about my bones. So far they have taken a lot of punishment from falls. Scans says they are still strong. Although they sure do ache a lot. 

I must not have had an 'accident' or else I would have remembered that...and reported it here.  :cheeky-smiley-067:  

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jeepers said:

The bathroom I use at night doesn't have a plug in

Check out what we call "puck lights" ...some have magnets on the back.  Keep one on your night table?

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah WE2...those are good.  Put rechargeable batteries in them.  Some have a sticky pad to put them somewhere.  You just push the whole circle and the light goes on/off. 

OR....Jeepers... YOu could put some glow-in-the-dark strips or designs in the bathroom....X marks the spot!  ;) And the fridge handle..light switch, etc.  Stars and Moon.  Etc.    

MtRider  ...lights are better tho

I bought some of those little glow in the dark triangle things you put on your wall switch. Just so I could find the switch in the dark to turn it on. What I didn't realize is that they have to soak up so many hours of light before they will glow. The wall switch going down the steps is around a dark corner. Didn't work. My bedroom is plenty light. It's going around the sharp corner in the dark that is the issue. 

Anyone tried those little nightlights that hang on a toilet that are motion activated?  

• Confused 1

I had to look that up......um, that's kinda Halloween-ish creepy.  ;)  AND you definitely couldn't watch out for spiders with that one.  :shakinghead:  

MtRider  :lol:  ...call an electrician.  Get a grounded [ours isn't] outlet in your new house bathrooms.  IMO

On 12/4/2018 at 8:19 PM, The WE2's said:

puck lights

21 hours ago, Jeepers said:

motion activated

Saw a video of a couple that had those in their hallway and in their bathroom.  Looked like they did a great job. At one time we had a couple on both sides of our homestead garage, but got tired of putting in batteries and finally ???  who knows where they ended up.  Hubby bought a couple of solar powered motion activated and plans to put them up this next year probably.

Edited by The WE2's

Those solar/motion-activated lites are getting better and better.  We've had some outside and they're pretty DIM by now.  Like to get new ones:  down near hay shed and over our house exterior stairs.  Barnyard now lit [manual off/on] by an LED spot lite.  Very nice! 

But not for Jeepers bathroom ....giggle.  While traveling to bathroom and back in middle of the nite, one goal is to be awake enough to be safe and successful.  The other goal is to not get so fully awake that you can't go right back to sleep.  :offtobed: 

MtRider  ;) 

40 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

not get so fully awake that you can't go right back to sleep. 

Yep...that's the trick isn't it!  I've heard you're not supposed to look at the clock...yes? Good luck with that one!  I have come to the conclusion that if I wake up and can't go back to sleep right away...no bother...I'm retired.  I usually get up around 3 anyway to visit the bathroom and take a thyroid pill.   If it's earlier, I'll get up read and maybe drink a cup of relaxing tea and go back to bed when I'm ready.  Hubby never comes to bed much before 2 anyway and he usually wakes me when he crawls in the bed feeling like an ice cube!  So I also get up when I want to (revenge? :happy0203:) and turn on the tv to listen to my Bible verses or whatever...he's usually up by 8 anyway.  He also takes short naps at lunch and again after supper...in his chair :D

Edited by The WE2's

Funny.  I generally go to bed around 8-9. He comes in around 3-4 am. I’m waking around then. Lol. When we go someplace overnight, we leave the one light on that usually never gets turned off. No one knows if it’s just another day.  

We both have a flashlight next to the bed. Even then, I still stumble over the dog. (Actually, I stumble over them in the daylight.  :008Laughing:)

Back on topic, IDK if I could get used to that device. I guess it’s because I’m used to TP. :shrug:

I have 2 huge totes full of smashed (for more room) T.P. stowed away. I'm not afraid to buy more if I suspect a shortage of some kind. I'm not trading in my soft warm paper for a cold wet stick any time soon. :pout:

I'd still like to see what toilet paper looks like after using a bidet. Even the video of the girl with the apple and peanut butter didn't wipe off the apple after she sprayed it down. I wanna see.

21 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

I'd still like to see what toilet paper looks like after using a bidet. Even the video of the girl with the apple and peanut butter didn't wipe off the apple after she sprayed it down. I wanna see.

:ashamed0002:

Meh, don’t wanna see. :008Laughing:

It might be a good thing, if it works for you...  

Hi, my name is Annarchy, and I’m a TP hoarder. :24:

All joking aside, we do keep a supply of personal wipes, JIC. 

:coffeescreen:

Told DH about this, he said, “Yeah, put that in your outhouse in the winter and see how well it works...”. 

Reminded me of the Speigal & Sears catalogues we used, years & years ago... reading material and TP .....where’s my book?   :coffeescreen:

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.