MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

So is this the NEW angle on why folks prep?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/realestate/climate-change-insurance-buy-land-somewhere-else.html

Climate change...oceans rising significantly....expectation of the horror storms continuing on forever....

Well, that's not really one of the reasons I prep.  But if that's someone's expectation, it's as good a reason as any of mine.  :shrug: 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:  

• Like 2

That was a good read. I believe in climate "change" but not necessarily man made global warming. The difference, in my mind, is the Earth goes through natural cycles. So, a warming or ice age could very well be coming. Just my opinion. 

I'm really interested in how to set up a homestead that is food producing and elderly friendly. I've sort of started but I've only scratched the surface. I'm going to need landscaping help to know where to plant fruit that won't impact a well and septic system. I don't have a clue. I know where the well cap and the septic cap is but I don't know what they look like underground. Roots would be their enemy. 

• Like 2

Speaking of earth's cycles...

https://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/06mar_solarminimum.html

Some say these minimums etc. will be gradually getting worse.  The warm will be getting warmer and the cold will be getting colder.  They also expect people living in the coldest areas of our country that do not know how to deal with the extremes will begin to migrate to the warmer zones.  Just sharing...

Edited by The WE2's
spelling correction
  • Like 1

Hmmmm.....I think that's the problem with trying to choose the PERFECT PLACE.....   Trying to forecast weather :lol:  that's always been as risky as forecasting the stock market. 

I guess that's why a lot of us just go wherever God is directing us and .....what ever is going to happen there, will happen.  There doesn't seem like any way to guess and ......God ISN'T GUESSING.  Doesn't mean we'll survive what happens in the location God places us, but that's ok too. 

:pray:  ....not real excited about moving to Maui some day.  ALL kinds of negative things there. BUT unless HE says different, we're heading for the kids/Grkids and that's the BIGGEST positive reason to go there.   Maybe DH and I will make sure we have a place WAAAY up the mountain there too....in case of this ocean rising thing.  :shrug: 

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, Mt. Rider. Just try to bloom wherever you get planted. Family is the best reason to move. Either toward or away from.  <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.