MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What’s For Dinner 2019

Used the leftover spaghetti sauce and left over spicy sausage crumbles and had spaghetti with real pasta tonight! LOL  Also had three hot dog buns that I turned into what I call "garlic bread fingers".  Using up left overs is a must around here.

101_0937.JPG

I put left over hamburger buns in the toaster and then add some butter and garlic powder when they pop up. They are so good. I have to mash them down a little to get them to fit. Nice thin and crispy alternative to Texas toast.

I also toast the buns in the toaster for sloppy joes. They don't seem to leak through as bad.

Today was a busy day and we had a very large breakfast out, so it was "left overs" for supper.  I had some small flour tortilla's, some left over spaghetti sauce, some leftover shredded cheese, and we had a half pint of small sized pepperoni slices that I canned up in 2013...so we had "taco pizza"?  Warmed the tortilla's, put some meat and cheese inside, put them in toaster oven, then covered them with Queso and more sauce...and we enjoyed them very much!  For dessert?  We still had 2 tortilla's so we put some peanut butter and some homemade jam on them and rolled them up!  Weird?  Probably, but tasty and we used up some leftovers!  Wanna see? 

101_0938.JPG

• Like 1

Last night was, Christmas tamales, because I finished vacuum sealing several dozen, refried beans, leftover from the pot of beans and a cheese crisp. I shy away from sweets, but DH had a Klondike bar for desert. 

Tonight was comfort food...no pic...ya's can just picture it :).  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with chicken gravy and vegetable medley (we eat a lot of the medley's because we get 3 different types of veggies)...no dessert tonight.  

• Like 1

I had onions, peppers, and hamburger buns that I needed to use or lose, so I made Italian sausages with onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a balsamic reduction  served over half a homemade hamburger bun with a side of chips.  It was a 30m start to finish meal and the kids were very happy as well as hubbie.  

• Like 3

Yesterday was lasagna roll ups & garlic bread. I made 5. One for MIL. 

I place it on plastic wrap so when I move it to the pan, it doesn’t leak out. Yeah, I over load them, but we like it that way. We were only able to eat one a piece. That leaves two for DH while I’m at MIL’s house. 

446CB997-7FF4-4A90-80D4-4184090B0E8D.jpeg

A5B17624-51DB-4AEE-9AF5-38C6EEB4625C.jpeg

B72071C6-ABC4-4D57-A117-CD4A9315B0C1.jpeg

50BA37A4-9371-4E3B-AFBF-2828EAF9B694.jpeg

9E217A04-8F92-4A2E-8A36-9EB9A7001BB8.jpeg

AEF88858-ADDF-41FA-B5FC-959C3C5F70A4.jpeg

97349C1A-63DA-4844-8E37-538D5C5EA3EA.jpeg

B8675036-C09D-46E8-AFE2-C0145A32694E.jpeg

533DAA32-DC1C-4765-98AA-3526C4FD8FD1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night was beef tenderloin (we shared one ... they're huge), spanish rice and veggies.  Dessert...we're still sharing a pint of last years pear marmalade.  One pint gives us six servings (we eat 2 tblsp. in a ramikin).  Tonight was meatloaf burger, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies (I jarred up mixed veggies so had some left over). Dessert...rest of pears.

• Like 3

Vacuum sealed the three remaining into 6 lasagna packets, divided each one in half for MIL. Hope she likes them. 

Tonight is tacos & refried beans. I’ll probably make mine a taco salad supreme. Lettuce, tomato, cheese, beans, meat, & sour cream on top of crushed shells. 

• Like 3

My goal is to fully rotate and restock the deep freezer and the pantry in the kitchen in the next six months so I can be ready for fall.  Also, I'm nauseous as can be and don't feel much like cooking so there is that.   

Tues: The last of the leftover pork roast minced with some BBQ sauce, homemade baked beans, lemon pepper peas, brussels sprouts, and lemon poppy seed muffins

Wed: Husband fed the kids fast food because I was busy being ill and giving ultimatums about eggs having to be cooked in the RV, not the house for the duration of barf-a-palooza

Thursday:  Chicken cordon bleu (homemade in large batches and frozen back in sept,) the last of the frozen stuffing from thanksgiving, green beans with bacon.  

• Like 3

Barf-a-palooza. :24:

Not laughing AT you but come on...that's funy.  :hug3:

Annarchy, I keep missing things in posts. I saw the post but didn't get the pictures until just now. Most likely Kindle related. I love what you did with your lasagna! I love lasagna. Wonder what other meals we could make from rolled lasagna pasta that didn't use tomatoes as a base. Just for some added variety? I'm thinking along the lines of a shepherd's pie or tuna noodle casserole roll ups. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Barf-a-palooza. :24:

Not laughing AT you but come on...that's funy.  :hug3:

The hilarious part was that husband had cooked the eggs and they made me start heaving  from the other end of the house.  He had to take his plate and the pan he cooked them on out to the back porch to eat them.  I would have appreciated the guilty look on his face while he scarfed them down more if I hadn't been  hugging a trash can.  

• Haha 3