MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What’s For Dinner 2019

The smell of eggs didn't bother me with any of the other kids, so I'm not sure how long it will last.  I'm really hoping this passes soon.     Nausea is usually a 1st trimester thing, but I had it for my entire pregnancy with DD10.  

Dinner last night: We ate out again because my late afternoon nap ended when someone woke me up at 645 asking about dinner.  :/  I have a 5p dinner alarm on my phone but someone turned it off so I could get extra rest.    We went to Longhorn Steakhouse, so the hubbs didn't mind too much.  

Dinner tonight:  Baked brown sugar pork chops, green beans with bacon.  I also made hash brown casserole for everyone not me.  

I had pretty bad nausea when I was pregnant too. My mom suggested I nibble on graham crackers, as that had helped her make it through pregnancy nausea. The graham crackers helped me too.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:15 AM, Cowgirl said:

crackers

Been years since I was pregnant but I had a package of saltines and a can of 7-up beside my bed and I ate a few and drank a little of the soda before I ever got out of bed. Didn't have any nausea with my 2nd child.

• Like 1

Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich here. Something about those two things that just seem to go together.

Actually, I make lazy grilled cheese. Toast the bread in a toaster, slap on a slice of cheese and zap for 12-15 seconds. Sometimes I butter the bread and sometimes I don't. :pout:

I call it my Pop and Zap sammich.

Pops up out of the toaster and zaps in the microwave.

I don't like to cook any more. Which is another reason I like to can.

• Like 1

No pics but I put a nice herb seasoned pork tenderloin in my large electric pressure cooker along with potatoes, celery and carrots.  Then made some gravy to go over all of it.  Dessert was a couple of tablespoons of my home jarred pear marmalade.  Then just a bit ago we both shared an apple and had some peanut butter to go with it.

• Like 1

Long day today. And a migraine. We had leftovers for dinner. 

Then I decided to make carob brownies. I cannot eat chocolate, so I use carob instead. We had brownies and milk for dessert. And I feel better.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This last week we ate:

Taco Soup

Chicken Tikka Masala, Rice, Salad

Shredded Carnita meat sandwiches with homemade pineapple guacamole & Chips

Peanut Chicken & Cabbage Slaw over Coconut pineapple rice.

Leftovers of all of the above and some take-out Chinese.  

• Like 4

MIL took me to Pelicans. I ordered a salad, some fried zucchini and mushrooms, mom likes and a Southwest burger with sweet potato fries. Mom ordered the fish and chips platter and a bowl of French onion soup. They brought me a bowl of clam chowder, I told her I hadn’t ordered it, she said keep it, then brought my salad. We ended bringing the main course home.  There was no way I would have been able to eat all that. Tomorrow’s dinner. Lol

• Like 4

MIL took me to Red Lobster. OMG, expensive!  I got a Surf n turf, 11.95, serloin steak with a few grilled shrimp, salad and they charged us for the side, that was supposed to be included, $2.60 for my decaf coffee turned out to be over $80.  Really!?!  And, her lobster sucked...tasted like mashed potatoes.  Really!?!?  Heard other customers complaining about their plates... totally unexceptable. Brought home the leftovers...

• Sad 2
On 2/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Correlleware

I use it here, also have a couple with the brownish pattern...not sure what either is called.  At the homestead I have my nice set of pottery-type (most a full set) that I'll use when we get moved.  Also love my Corning Ware!