MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

Got some news....with difficulties

So glad he is home safely. I'm sure he is drained too.

Glad he got to visit his mother while she is still living. There is an old saying about visiting loved ones while they are still alive instead of going to see then after they are gone. I don't remember just how it goes but it applied to your DH...in a good way.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the poem by Juan Olivarez:

Don't bring me flowers when I am dead,
Come see me today, while I'm sick in bed.
Don't cry for me, when I'm no longer here,
Come smile with me, no need for tears.

Don't try to remember how I used to be,
Come by today and you can see.
Make good use of time, while I'm still around,
Don't wait for tomorrow, when I'm in the ground.

And don't give me a funeral fit for a king,
The day I die everyone should sing.
Because you saw me through sorrow and strife,
And yes my friends, all through my life.

A good reminder for people in our busy world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure you're feeling much relief...and those muscles that were tight as ropes can now unwind. 

• Like 1

Yes, WE2....and as often is the case, when the pressure is off...adrenaline stops, you can come down sick.  <_<  DH came home feeling ill....began as he traveled home.  I have taken the immune herbs thru this week.  Last nite and today...we're in an all out battle to ward off the microbes.  :darthduck:   We're winning. but it's still a struggle.  Did AM and PM chores together today.  Too much for just one right now.  Drinking lots of fluids.  Garlic in the stew.  Nice warm oatmeal to start the day.  Neither of us has upset stomach at all.  Not sneezing and little minor coughing.  Running humidifier full time ....and the pellet stove.  Feeling much better...then later feel all tired and wiped out.  We'll have to keep up the battle a day or two more before we're clear of it.  I have appt. at doctor on Wed....do not want to push that back.  Think we'll be ok.  We haven't actually fully succumbed to anything in years.  Not expecting to this time either. 

We do have some 'weather' predicted thru nite and tapering off by noon tomorrow.  :unsure:    Heard the blast of wind hit the house a half hour ago.  :o  But still 35*  I threw a lot of sand today...cuz  of melting on our pathways.  Only one location of thawed, loose grit and took some down in a sled to dump in a flooded area.  Just a mess with that right now.  Lot of manual work.  :0327:

MtRider  :pray: 

Take care of yourselves MtR!  People think we're isolationist because we steer so very clear of crowds and crowded places.  A friend of our played a message on their phone that they got from our friend in Madrid.  She sounded absolutely awful!  Said she was stuffy, congested and running a fever...BUT was taking a bus ride to someplace...gee...how nice to share!  And what a horrible place to be and get sick and need medical care in a foreign country.

• Like 1

DH's sister finally got MIL into a respite care facility.  Once there, the staff realized that she's indeed close to passing and needs 24 hr staff.  She's conscious sometimes.  Mostly sleeping.  O2 levels are dropping.  Will likely be days...few.  And his sister's dd is having a baby today.  Or...trying to.  Sent her home again last nite.  As we thot, one passes and another is born.  :sigh:  I hope the joy of baby will bring up the mood as there is mourning too.  They are out of the terrible cold tho. 

MtRider   :pray: 

• Sad 3

We got the call from his sister....MIL passed quietly tonite.  His sister's dd is in the hospital giving birth tonite.  Water broke....a while ago.  They might have to do C-section.  5th child and didn't have any birthing like this.  Pray that baby comes and healthy!

MtRider  :pray:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear about MIL passing. I know it is bitter sweet news. Prayers for the family. Hope the baby arrived safely and mom and little one are doing well.

• Thanks 1

Finally we've heard.....baby arrived at 1am  ...three hours after her Great Gramma passed. 

MtRider  .....a blessing 

• Like 4

Bittersweet. Thank goodness your DH got to visit with her before she passed.

Congrats on the new addition to your family. I'm sure his/her presence is especially welcomed at this time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Thank goodness your DH got to visit with her before she passed.

That was doubly important....cuz it gave MIL a huge happy spurt of energy for more than two days....some of her last memories.  But she began to slide back again, even before he left.  Just that close to the end.  His presence was one of the last gifts she received and we know it was the best choice for both of them.  Besides giving his sister a bit of a break for several days.  We definitely believe it's better, if at all possible, visit while they're alive...even if it means you can't attend the After Ceremony. 

MtRider  ..thanks, all of you, for your prayers and concerns and joy for our newest baby.

• Like 4

I'm sorry about your MIL.  I'm sure she is in a better place.  Congrats on the new baby.

• Thanks 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.