MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anxiety

Guest Zzelle

I have had horrible anxiety lately and I do not know what to do. I take medication for it. We have 2 sons that are special needs and they are getting older going through changes and they are making my nerves go on edge. I try to be calm and relaxing but it does not work . I do not know what to do.

I have several of the same issues.  Some days I just have to sit back and decide that I am going to have to let something go.   Sometimes that is standards my family tries to keep and sometimes it is my mind.  We put my oldest in counseling and found an excellent therapist.   I think it has saved my sanity and my blood pressure.

All three of our children have counseling and therapy. They are in medication. They love to push each other the boys and then they push me. I try to calm myself down but sometimes I can not because they will not. Thank you for your response.

My DD16 is hearing impaired, ADHD, and has an executive functioning disorder. She will probably live with me for the rest of my life.  We went through several therapists over the years and I think some actually made it worse.   We are blessed that we found this one.  The differences have been night and day since finding him and I kick myself for trying to make the last one work when she obviously wasn't helping.

All three of our children have counseling and therapy. They are in medication. They love to push each other the boys and then they push me. I try to calm myself down but sometimes I can not because they will not. Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry you are going through this Zzelle. I don't have any experience with special needs children. Just be sure you take full advantage of all the help that is available to you and never give up. Don't settle. There is someone out there skilled in what YOU need and not necessarily THEY have to offer.

I do have plenty of prayers and hugs to offer though. 

:pray:     :hug3:     :pray:

• Like 2

I know.  My old rule of thumb was that 1/3 of the counselors you meet will be toxic.  1/3 will be useless or mildly helpful.  You have to keep searching until you find one in the final third--because that counselor will save your life.  We sure found a lot in the two-thirds.

• Like 2

This person ha started so much and now and we have to fix so much. She is still trying to start more stuff. I have no idea why. She is making things up about our family. My anxiety is through the roof. I had to get on more meds because of it.

Edited by zzelle
Double post
  • Sad 3

I have extended family members who are toxic people. Who doesn't? One is bi-polar and one is just a liar. Fortunately they are siblings so it's easier to 'monitor' whatever they say. I'm cordial but we know where we stand with each other and why. And the rest of my family knows where I stand and why. I'm honest that way. I love my family but I love my own mental health just a little bit more.

People like that can not be trusted because any little innocent thing you might say becomes twisted around to suit their needs. Which is why I can't have any contact with them. It's too bad because they can have their good side too. Most of my other family members feel the same way. It's sad but a little comforting to know it's not just in my head.

When I say I'm cordial I mean we can attend the same funeral without another casket being added that day. At the last family funeral crazy cousin went to hug another of our cousins and that cousin pushed her away and yelled, "Get off of me!"  Quite the little show. So yeah...  :icon19:

BTW, there were 30 of us cousins and only two were ostracized. Didn't want anyone to think all of my family was dysfunctional.

• Like 4

She is a person who is training at his school and she asked him a question and he did not give the answer she wanted and she made stuff up to make herself look good. I told the school she is not allowed to talk to either of my kids.I hope that works

• Sad 1