MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hey Kappydell

Jeepers

Just wanted to let you know you are being thought about today by your Mrs. S family.  :grouphug:

Sending up prayers for a successful surgery with as little pain as possible and a very speedy recovery. :pray:

Also prayers for your good friend Mary as she waits for you. That's a hard job too. :pray:

• Like 2

ty ladies....you wont believe the weird turn - my surgery is reset for next week. 

Got to hospital at 0545, got "prepped" with IV's in, weird wardrobe, talked to anesthetist, more electrodes in me for neural monitoring during surgery and then....and then....I then laid in staging area while all around me went to surgery (I was there at 0545 as I was supposed to be first up on schedule).  I was wondering what was going on, but not too worried.

Around 0730 the surgeon came in and said the insurance had not yet authorized the surgery but that he was assured that authorization would be done as soon as the insurance office opened.   Around 1100 he came by (furious I might add) and told me I might as well go home as he was not going to keep me there all day without eating or drinking, waiting for an authorization that might never show up.  OOOO he was furious (cold, controlled fury....)but very apologetic to me.  Said he was not going to go ahead and then have me stuck with a surgical bill in the unlikely possibility authorization never came, and he did not want me worrying about maybe getting an impossible-to-pay bill.  So everybody went out to breakfast, and now we wait until next week.  I got more surgical soap to scrub up 5 day prior to the surgery (I must have the cleanest hide in the county).  I called the insurance customer service to complain, and they said "its pending....should take around a week".  ????  Authorization had originally been put in 21 days ago!  I bet the doc had some words on the physicians' line for them.  And, to top it off, the nurse called tonight at 5:00 PM and said authorization had just come in 30 minutes ago.  About the time you think "what ELSE can happen"......something does!

So we all laughed hysterically over the weirdness of it all, had breakfast, went home, and took a nap!

Im thinkin of having a T shirt printed up that reads....".I don't need TV reality shows....I'm LIVING in one!'

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well dang Kappy. It's probably all my fault anyway. I must have prayed too hard in the "as little pain as possible and a very speedy recovery" area. I'll try to tone it down a tad next week. :D

Be sure to watch your incoming bills closely. They shouldn't be charging you for any supplies they used Monday. Their excuse can be "we at billing didn't get the memo."  :angry:

Note to self; if I need surgery in the future, try to find out if I'm pre-approved first. Who knew... :sigh:

Edited by Jeepers
Kindle again