MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Recall: Pillsbury Flour

A nationwide flour recall was issued on Monday for specific five pound bags of Pillsbury flour.

The Federal Drug Administration alerted consumers to the recall via Twitter.

"Hometown Food Company announces voluntary recall on select Pillsbury Unbleached All Purpose Flour products because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The flour products were sold through a limited number of retailers including Publix & Winn-Dixie. Do not eat," USDA Food Safety tweeted out.

The recall impacts more than 12,000 cases of the product.

Salmonella is a bacteria that sickens about 1.2 million Americans and causes 450 deaths each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Food is the source for the overwhelming majority of the infection, which typically causes diarrhea and fever.

A picture of the LotCode/Best If Used By Date of the impacted products is at the top of this article.

Item Name: Pillsbury® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
5Lb

Case Item Code: 0 5150022241 3

UPC Item Code: 0 5150022241 6

Lot Code: 8 292 or 8 293

BIUB Date: APR 19 2020 or APR 20 2020

As of March 8, there were no reports of illnesses tied to the recall.

"We apologize for the inconvenience this caused and are offering replacement coupons for your product," Home Town Food Company wrote in a release. "Please call our 800 number (1 800-767-4466). We remain committed to producing the high-quality products you expect."

MtRider  :cook: 

Edited by Mt_Rider

I remember a few years back when there was a flour recall. We discussed all of the things that could already be in the markets produced with the flour. 

Inconvenience + salmonella does not equate to an 'inconvenience' in my mind.

"We remain committed to producing the high-quality products you expect." Well darn, I expected to have salmonella free products. 

These recalls make me miss Wormguy even more. Hope they are doing well. 

I am glad that we buy Mennonite and/or Aldi brand cheap flour.  We were just discussing buying more from the Mennonite store and vacuum sealing it into half-gallon jars....nothing can live without oxygen ya know!

• Like 1

Well actually there ARE anaerobic bacteria and such.  But it does eliminate a lot.

============================================

Anaerobic bacteria are bacteria that do not live or grow when oxygen is present. In humans, these bacteria are most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract. They play a role in conditions such as appendicitis, diverticulitis, and perforation of the bowel.May 14, 2017

=================================================

MtRider  :pc_coffee:  

• Thanks 1