MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm probably the only one left using Windows 7 but I just read where as of January 14, 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 nor offer any updates. Sounds like a long way off but it's only 10 months away.

That means no customer service and no virus ware updates available. Their answer to the problem is to buy a new computer using Windows 10 because you won't be protected out on the World Wide Web when a new virus comes out.

Wonder what about the people who bought extended protection plans or extended Norton etc. plans?

I still mourn Windows XP.

• Like 1

Awwww Jeepers, I understand.  Can you believe, I still miss windows 3.0?  :ph34r:  XP was DH’s favorite. We still have boxes of games he used to play all the time. 

Technology keeps advancing. I don’t know what to say. I’m still using my MacBook Pro from 2005, no updates, but it still does the job without any issues.  

• Like 1

Awwww....that seems SO unfair!  It's like they come to your home and smash your stuff!  Hmph!  :motz_6:

DH liked XP too.  And.....I think his wheeezing old laptop is probably WIN7.  Wonder if he got the memo?  I'll let him know....thanks.

He's got a cheapo laptop with WiN10 ....but it has little memory storage. 

MtRider  ....my WIN10 is only 3.5 yrs old and it's doing a lot of wheeezing.  :sigh:  

• Like 1

I didn't get a notice. I happened to have seen it on a pop-up thing when I clicked on a Youtube video. Something about my cookies needed emptied and how the end of Windows 7 would no longer be supported. It was just by chance that I saw it. I don't know how I get into half the stuff I do online.

Show your DH this link I just found. Big Sigh:

https://www.lifewire.com/windows-7-end-of-life-4161085

I am with Anarchy, I miss 3.0, and before.  (1.1 !)

Jeepers, it is not something to worry about, just keep the software matched to the hardware.  We have XP, Win7, Win8, Win10 in house.  And OS/2 Warp for one dedicated system.

• Like 1

I still run Windows 7 too! I've heard too many "bad" things about Win10 to ever want to upgrade, but when this one dies I may not have a choice. :(

Hopefully Win10 has been out long enough for most of the "bugs" to have been worked out in it, but it is really the LOSS of CHOICES for control that makes me not want to venture into the new OS!

As to virus protection, etc, my internet comes with built in virus control so I really depend more on that than on any Windows updates.

• Like 2

Sarah, I hope you are doing well in the health department and that your new leg is a perfect fit!  :hug3:

21 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Sarah, I hope you are doing well in the health department and that your new leg is a perfect fit!  :hug3:

No, not perfect, but I am not 'butt scooting' any more.  Thanks for thinking of me.

• Like 2

Good to hear, Sarah. 

I transitioned from WIN7 to WIN10 3 yrs ago and didn't notice too much, as I recall.  A few differences but not much....and with MS, my brain does NOT like changes.  :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.