MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

measuring spoons/cups in oz

:hi: Sarah, 

I found several measuring cups and spoons on-line... Amazon, WallMart, Wayfarer, Overstock, etc. all seem to have various options available.

I have a 4 cup Pyrex measure, that is marked in ounces. 

Thank you ladies. 

I see I was not clear.  What the questioner wants is one ounce and down.  All the cups I have seen start at 2 ounces.

And let me toss this one into the mix.  3 tsp = 2 tbsp. 

Another toss-in.  I would bet most of you do 'heaping' when you use such spoons, etc.  Spoons are supposed to be 'level'.  :busted:

Yet another toss-in.  Don't confuse American and Imperial (England) measurements.  :whistling:

I found one *very* cheap looking Asian-ring set of four spoons, 2-1-1/2-1/4 oz.  (or 12tbsp/6tbsp/3tbsp/4.5 tsp) Pass.  Cheap.

Sarah

Edited by Sarah

I measure level .....cuz I was in 4H for most of my childhood.  Never took the "required" Home Ec cuz I had all that to the "enth degree"!

Question, Sarah.  Isn't "ounces" a measurement of weight and not volume?   And therefore an ounce of feathers and an ounce of gold would have different volume....different sizes to contain them. 

MtRider  :shrug: 

On 4/19/2019 at 10:25 AM, Sarah said:

And let me toss this one into the mix.  3 tsp = 2 tbsp. 

3 tsp = ONE Tbsp

Most shot glasses are 1 oz (unless it's a "jigger." I have no idea what the measurement is in a jigger.)

The chart above (with the milk bottles in it) says that 2 Tbs = 1 fluid oz

16 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Question, Sarah.  Isn't "ounces" a measurement of weight and not volume?   And therefore an ounce of feathers and an ounce of gold would have different volume....different sizes to contain them.

I see I was not clear again.  'fluid' ounces.  The 'fluid' is understood, and dropped in a lot of tables and recipes.  Sorry,

Sarah

• Like 1