MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello

Mother

Hello all. Could I join you for a cup of tea?  I've brought oatmeal cookies with me.   I haven't posted for a long time but I've stopped in from time to time just to check on you all.  What has everyone been up to in the last few years?   The site seems a lot less active than I remembered it.  Have we lost a lot of members or have many decided not to prep any longer?  I was looking forward to some nice chats.  

I've been PMing with Annarchy and she was nice enough to give me a link to a thread about prepping in the Golden Years and I hope to bump that up and perhaps get some feedback on it.  I am definitely in my Golden Years and though I am normally well prepped I realized that it's time to prep for a different reality.  Not just for being older but also for the uncertain future that seems to be looming on the horizon.  I am hoping that you will be willing to help with some suggestions for a few, okay a half dozen or so, questions I have.  Nice to be here to visit.  I've missed being here.  

Hugs, to you all.  

• Like 6

Thank you Jeepers.  I'm 72 and DH 76.  I'm not sure when we GOT here <_<.  It seemed one day we were prepping and homesteading and ready for anything and the next we were old. :shrug:.  

• Like 4

Hello Dogmom4.  How nice to see you and thanks for the welcome.  I wondered if there were any here who would remember me.  I'm sorry the site has slowed down.  It was once so very active and with all the unrest today I'm surprised it's not bustling.  I'm looking forward to discovering how many old friends are still here and meeting new ones.  Hug, dear.

• Like 2

Welcome back, Mother. I too mostly just stop in to see how everyone is doing.  DH is now 80 and I am 74.  Sometimes I wonder why I stored all I did, and now I am giving some of the older foodstuff away.  Seems like our little city is having so many homeless come in, or people here are having hard times.  

At least, we can still do most things we want to do, but we have slowed down, and are trying to clear out useless stuff so the "kids" won't have that burden.  DH is a keeper of useless stuff, but is beginning to let go.  

I have recently been re-convienced that things are about to really get bad, and I pray for God's hand to return to us, if we repent.

• Like 4

Hello Virginia.  How very nice to see you here yet.  We, also, have accumulated a wealth of ' stuff' over the years and are also starting to go through all our stores but for us it is with an eye to our different way of eating and for a different set of uncertain future.  It is nice, though, for others to benefit from our supplies. It made me wonder if that was God's plan all along.  As you can see from my other posts we are hoping to be better prepared for health and aging issues with the focus being on the ability to stay where we are as long as possible. And I totally understand the need to clear out so our kids don't have that job.  My DH is also a keeper and I must admit I am as well.  

Would you like an oatmeal cyber cookie with your tea?   I brought dozens to share but perhaps I am breaking a new rule that says no food on the Sunporch.  We used to have such fun 'enjoying' the different 'foods' everyone would bring for our chats. .  :gathering:  I was really looking forward to the famous Mrs. S chocolate fudge cyber brownies that used to be here.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten who used to bring it.  :Blushing:.   

I agree,. It feels very much like times are getting worse.  I add my prayers to yours.  I hope you will continue to impart your wisdom here as we all need to visit and revisit our preps.  You could be a big help with that.

:bighug2:

• Like 4

:hi: Mother!

Nice to see you.   Mmmmmm....cookies...  I brought a pot of coffee, hot water and a tin of different teas & herb teas.  

:hi:Virginia!

We had some issues on the old server that caused the site grief. After moving, the issues were removed and more people are slowly coming back.  

DH likes to keep stuff too, “..just in case...barter & trade” or, telling me I can “re-purpose it”.  Sometimes, while cleaning, I throw out useless stuff.  :whistling:

• Like 2

Hello again, Annarchy.  Great, herbal teas.  My favorites.  Now we're starting to get comfy.  :yum3:  Doesn't anyone have chocolates?  This is the only place I can have it without a trip to the ER with anaflactic shock. LOL!  

Annarchy, I want to thank you (and Dee) again for encouraging me to come post.  It's nice to visit  again and hopefully catch up on the other members.  I really feel the need to rethink my preps and this is just the place to do it.  

I have a suggestion if I'm not out of line.  I wonder if all the active members would each contact an inactive member they knew or remembered and encourage them to come back again if the site would be bustling again.  

Now I'm off to catch up on more threads I've missed over the years. If the chocolate brownies come in save me a piece. 

:grouphug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome home, Mother!

I'm still in my fifties, and finally have a a smallhold instead of a suburban yard, but I also have a wrecked back and issues I'm seeing multiple neurologists for--so I'm effectively way older than my years.

Thank you so much for the welcome home, Ambergris.  It really does feel a bit like I have come home with all the hellos and welcomes.  I'm really sorry to hear about your back and neuro issues. I had troubles with my back when I was in my fifties too so I understand.  Hopefully you will get help for it soon.  I'm looking forward to hearing about how you cope with pain and prep at the same time.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Mother!  Glad you are here and brought up that prepping for golden years thread.  DH and I are in early 60's but he has many health issues now.  We live in a tiny town but property is deemed rural so we have a couple of pygmy goats.  I like your handicap accessible ideas and look forward to hearing from you!  I will bring a nice, fresh fruit salad to the party!

• Like 2

Hello Snapshotmiki,. Fresh fruit salad, :yum3: Yum!  Health issues are the bane of growing older but some of us seem to be plagued with them at younger ages as well.  We live five miles outside a very small town.  The only "livestock" we have now is a very friendly but somewhat species challenged goose.  She can't seem to make up her mind if she's a human, a cat, or if she's in love with our plastic lawn ornament goose.  :shrug:   The last goats we had were Nigerian Dwarfs several years ago.  I loved them and will probably write more about them in the 'Golden' thread.  I look forward to more conversation on that thread and others.  Thanks for the welcome. 

• Like 3

I have some cyber sea salt chocolate caramels just for you Mother. :hug3:

There are a lot of people who do feel the unrest around us. They just talk about the issues in different venues now. Facebook has many ‘groups’ on self reliance. I’m part of a good sized one on Facebook and it’s nice to see younger people who want to learn homesteading and self reliance skills.

I do wish folks could see that this forum has a wealth of information on it....

• Like 2

Sea salt chocolate caramel!.  Oh my,. That sounds heavenly.  I really do love caramel. :yum3: Dogmom4, you are a love! LOL

i belong to a few FB groups too and I like them ......when FB is working right that is.....but Mrs S has a whole lot more to offer and in a better format for finding that info.  

It is true the feelings of unrest are becoming more widespread.  Perhaps that will bring more people to (or back to) being more self reliant. It would make me more comfortable if all those around me were prepared.  

Hugs, DM4

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...