MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

July 4th ...remembering Without Warning scenario

Those who have been here a long time, do you remember one of my early Without Warning Scenarios?  It was a mental practice for attending July 4th celebrations with crowds.  And....something goes wrong.... :unsure: 

SO...THIS YEAR....do a quick assessment:

--Where have you positioned you and yours within a crowd? 

-Have you watched for any feeling of early disturbance? 

--Do you have SEVERAL directions to slip away if things turn ugly? 

-Or if there is a weather disturbance that causes panic....what weather emergencies could happen in your location?

--Are you dressed appropriately for the occasion...especially footwear? 

-What about your bags and baggage for this fun event...can you carry it?  Can you leave it behind?  Have you separated "Leave Behind" vs "Must Bring Home"?

--Do you have your children/Grkids prepared to follow your directions if something should need to happen quickly?

----Do you have a meeting place, in case one or more get separated?

-Pets.....if you bring them, are you prepared to handle emergencies with them?  Are they prepared for high anxiety events?

--Do you plan to bring medications, 1st Aid, WATER, sunscreen, shade or other methods for cooling, rain wear, communications, snacks in case you are delayed?

So.....anyone want to run thru their plans here...and tell us of your preparations for a FUN AND SAFE 4th?  

Oh....and about that former Without Warning....  :sigh:   .....you should at least mention preparations in case of EXTRAORDINARY EVENTS happening.....cuz ya all need to read this article.  JUST a precaution.  Nothing in the works....that THEY know of....but we're not the same society or world that we were back a decade ago when I first did this. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/domestic-terrorists-target-july-holiday-events-federal-authorities/story?id=64038406

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“The FBI, DHS, and NCTC remain concerned that [they] could target upcoming Independence Day celebrations, gatherings, or parades, though we are unaware of any current plots specifically targeting such events,” stated the bulletin, obtained by ABC News. “We note that attacks can occur with little to no warning because of the frequently lower levels of security around civilian targets, challenges in securing large crowds, and calls for attacks against soft targets.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

<Red is mine>

MtRider  ....be safe, friends!  :americanflag:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Are you SURE you want to bring this up again?  :whistling:  LOL!   

It has been a long time since I was in a big crowd like a Fourth celebration.  I try always to stay on the outer edges of such crowds and make sure to map the closest exit including the best vehicle route out.  

Good call, MtR.  We should all start being more aware of our surroundings AND of the people around us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mother said:

Are you SURE you want to bring this up again?  :whistling:  LOL!   

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

I'll be home that day. But July 4th. Is grandsons birthday. They'll have his party on the weekend after so that's when they will be gathered. On the actual 4th. it is supposed to storm there. That doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.

I guess I'm odd because I don't like fireworks or parades. Actually I don't like any holidays at all. :shrug:

• Like 2

I absolutely LOVE fireworks display.....like Christmas lites.  Pretty!    :balloons:    :hapydancsmil:  :balloons:    But the crowds....not so much.  I haven't seen real live fireworks in years.  In flat country, one could sit on a country road and watch 2-3 displays around  the countryside.  Mountains in the way now.

Here in the past 2 decades, there is always fear of fire....not from the sanctioned displays but all the backyard ones.  I wish we'd get more than a sprinkle of rain these past few days.  Wet things down cuz there is always idiots.  :campfire:   It was always great to watch the displays on Maui.....from boats out on the ocean.   :happy0203:  

Have a safe and happy FOURTH, everyone.

MtRider 

• Like 3

Flat land here.  We can see the show from our back yard. We are not sure if they will have a show, with it being so dry. :shrug:

One of our concerns, are thieves.  They figure people are at the show and burgle the homes.

• Sad 2

Oh well THAT'S a RUDE burglary scheme.  Not as bad as burglarizing the home of folks attending a funeral.  That's an all time low!  Problem is, it likely works.  :tapfoot: 

MtRider  ....usually a dog this large and a house this small  [and OLD]  is deterrent enough.  :lol: 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.