MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Low-Carbers please report to The Gym !

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Looking for Midnight Mom and others interested in successful weight-loss encouragement!!! I need help in the Exercise area.....have just begun to learn the benefits of "walking"! See you there!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

YIKES...

I admit it...I've put some weight on this past year...

*sigh*

okokokokokok...I'll be there in a minute LOL

------------------

d5.jpg

A real friend walks through the front door as the rest walk out

Guest Guest

Dr Robert Atkins is the Best!!!

Regardless of what you may have heard in the news, his New Diet Revolution is Wonderful!

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, Isn't it great that the mainstream medical folks are starting to seriously check into the claims that Atkins has made for the past 25 years!!!

It works! It works! Yes....if after you've lost the weight you return to a high-carb lifestyle and overeating, you WILL REGAIN THE WEIGHT!!! But DUH!!! High carb/sugar and overeating isn't good for anyone!!!

What Atkins has you do initially, is to cut all starches and sugar out for the first two weeks (or more if desired) and you eat only proteins PLUS 2 small green salads each day. Gradually, you are allowed to add in more veggies, nuts, and low-carb fruits in TINY increments!!! You do this over time until you reach the level of carbohydrate grams per day that halts your weight-loss; you can live this way indefinitely!!!

Some people take one day off a week to eat whatever they want....but that never worked for me. It just started up all the cravings again. So I do better to count carbs every day! Anyway....for anyone who thinks I'm speaking Greek.....Get the Book! It is loaded with explanations of why it is good for Thyroid and Diabetes problems, as well as heart disease, and a multitude of other ills! Even Depression! Good luck all....I'm going to WALK! WALK! HipHip Away....I can walk around the block!!! (I can't believe I'm saying this! I hate to exercise!!!!!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

hey, that adkins thing works really well for me!! i fell off the carb wagon after i had the baby, and am paying for it now in how crumby i feel... i highly recomend it! it worked well for me because i dont have to measure anything, and if i feel like eating i do it... just cant eat the carb garbage. it really has helped my fibromyalgia and ms. symptoms too... just gotta get myself back on track... it is very difficult to get weaned off carbs though! its as bad as any other type of adiction, caffine, nicotine etc... but you feel so good when you get that monkey off your back! I imagine that a person could get a used paperback version of the book off amazon if they so desired.. if other diets bum you out and you are like me and hate to feel "controled" and hate to measure and count calories..this is a good diet for you! good luck! AM

[This message has been edited by Auntmeanie (edited July 29, 2002).]

Guest Guest

Good to hear from you! I agree getting the junk out of your system the first 3-4 days is very difficult at times! I have had periods in my life where i attemped to do it, 3-4 times before I was able to get into ketosis!!!

I have been eating low-carb for a year now, and have lost approx. 95 pounds so far!

You can do it! Knowing that it works, and that it makes you feel better are big advantages!!! Good Luck!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Hi Ya Snapshotmiki!! wavey.gif

Welcome to MrsS!! It's great to meetcha!!

Don't know if you read it but DeeKnight lost another 5 lbs and is now down 100!!! If that isn't encouragement nothin is!!

Go check out the gym forum.....it's fun in there!

AND Good luck to you!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM