MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Privacy and personal messages

MountainMommy

Someone mentioned something to me today that made me realize I should address a privacy concern.

Your personal messages and emails here are private. No one here can read them, not the moderators, not even admin. There is no way your private communications can be intercepted or read by anyone other than yourselves or the people you send them to.

Oh, I'm sure a professional hacker could do it, but we are not hackers, so please do not concern yourselves.

Thanks MM, I assumed that Private meant Private, but it is good to know for sure.

BTW, there's not a way to make your particpation in the Chat Room Private is it? Am I right about the chat being archived and is that an optional thing?

Thanks!

no, chat discussions are not private. All chats are archived. But I can't see why admin would have any reason to go through the archives unless there was a problem. But that's why the archives are there. It's for the members' protection. I guess if anyone wants to have a chat that they are that concerned about, they should do it off-site.

• 1 month later...

When we go back to having scheduled chats on particular topics, I will archive them to the forum called "Mrs S Chat Archives". I always begin each of those chats with a warning that it's being recorded. By archive, I mean that I 'save' the chat and then post it in a thread. (At least with our old chat program) any user can save a chat. I think that MM is speaking of a more formal computerized "archive".

Make absolutely sure that the person you want to send a PM to, their name is in the send to box. I made that mistake before lol clicked on the wrong name to send a PM and sent a GUY something private about WOMAN things LMAO. can you say embarrassed??? :shakinghead::blush:

Make absolutely sure that the person you want to send a PM to, their name is in the send to box. I made that mistake before lol clicked on the wrong name to send a PM and sent a GUY something private about WOMAN things LMAO. can you say embarrassed??? :shakinghead::blush:

lolol

That sounds like something I would do.

Or have done.

lolol

Archived