MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

~Memories from Camp Homey

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It’s hard to believe it’s been one year since the Darlene clan visited Camp Homey in Wisconsin. As you can imagine, I was in hysterics the whole time. Mama can put on quite a show with her sashaying, but the kids bring down the curtain with their honesty. wink.gif

Take cooking for instance …….. we all know that Darlene is a gourmet cook, right???

First day at Camp Homey in Boonieville, Wisconsin ……..

The kids and I get up with the crowing of our rooster, and let Mama Dar snore. I ask them what they’d like for breakfast, and they all yell ….. “Number #4, please!!!”

Bewildered at their reply, I decide to make some suggestions about Wisconsin breakfasts’. “Hey, kids. Would you like some waffles with fresh maple syrup from our homestead??” They all go running to the freezer door, like I’m supposed to have frozen waffles in my house. shocked.gif

When the waffle iron is cooling and we’re all finishing breakfast, the wee one wants to say her colors. Her siblings roll their eyes. I gave them the option of washing the breakfast dishes or listening to wee one. They all plop back down in their chairs and quietly waited until she made it all the way through.

I asked wee one at the end how she learned her colors so fast. She mentioned that Mama Dar taught her by using the different colored ENTER and EXIT signs. rolleyes.gif

*waving to Drivethru Darlene. Happy anniversary, sweetie* tongue.gif

mcqueen.gif

spam4.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

Guest Guest

I was thinking the other day how it had been a year ago, at this time, that I was at Camp Homey...

So much has happened since that time and although I'm not as off the wall as I was a year ago, a retreat such as I experienced last year would be as healing today as it was then...

I have many fond and grateful memories.

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg