MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Chicken Stew Recipe??

Guest Guest

Thanks for that link to crockpot recipes! I have been looking for some more recipes. Sorry, I dont' have the chicken stew recipe you want! But, when you get it, will you share it?

Well never cooked the bones for stew in a crockpot but don't see why you can't.

I am doing a duck right now. I put all the bones in a pot and cover with water. Then cook for 5 hours. Probably at least 8 in a crock pot. Cool it down then put through strainer. Saveing the liquid. Then I pick all the meat out of the strainer and add to stew. I then add onion , parsley, sage, red pepper,and what ever you like to the broth and simmer till the water is half gone. Then I freese the rest in pints. It should be a gell by then . 1 pint make a quart at least of broth. Oh forgot I usually skim off the fat after it cools. From there you can make the stew. My family likes homemade noodles in the stew but you can add potatoes or rice or dumplings. Also add carrots, celery, and any veggie you like. Does this make sense ED? di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

scratches head...

ok, now I see..stew is nothing more then thick, chunky soup! gonna make this up as I type ... just like I cook!

Chicken Stew Recipe

Once the chicken is cooked and eaten, remove any meat left on the bones and put in refrigerator. Take the left over bones and bake uncovered in the oven until the bones turn brown and crispy/dried out looking, don't let the bones burn. Now take them ole dried out bones and place in crock pot and cover with water, add sage, thyme. On low for 6-8-10 hours depending on if you are starting this in the morning or before you go to bed

Strain the broth, removing any bones. Add chopped celery, chopped onions, minced garlic (but not to many as to over power the the light flavor of chicken broth). Add the left over chicken and any vegetables you desire and cook until done. S/P to taste.

You can thicken the broth to make it more of a stew, pour over mashed potatoes, add wide egg noodles or make dumplings.

Tired of eating Chicken Stew? thicken a bit more and make Chicken Pot Pie.

oh great, now I am hungry!