MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Should I be in a panic or what!

cartoongirl

I'm in a complete fog! So much information to digest....I'm in a loop.

Could someone please tell me where, in a nutshell, in your opinion, you think we are in terms of closesness to a world wide pandemic...seems things out there aren't looking very promising?

I have alot to do still regarding preps!

Erica,

First, welcome.

SEcond, don't panic. It won't get you anywhere to be rushing around like a chicken with your head cut off.

The first step is evaluating your own readiness. Of course you have a lot to do-most of us do! But you can ONLY take it one step at a time.

What do you WANT to prep for? Figure that out, and evaluate how ready you are for it. Then begin to get ready for it.

I don't think ANY of us will ever be ALL THE WAY ready-but every little bit we do helps in the end.

Mommy of Six

Mommy of six is right panic won't help.

I am attempting to keep everyone updated on the Flu because it may be our link to safety, we can quarantine ourselves if it's looks as though it is eminent in this country.

The best thing you can do is keep informed. Set up a plan that will get you in a more comfortable position for taking care of you and yours if you need to.

Erica... come here.. sit down.. have a pitcher of Margaritas!

Prepare for a rainy day... besides food and water, this will include a first aid kit..right?

My daughter has a really bad cold, sore throat and cough. I went to Wal-Mart and bought Thera-cold and might as well pick up Thera-Flu while I am at it.. oh look Tylonal Cold.. oh and Flu too! *shrug*

The best thing you can do *IF* this flu were to hit is be prepared so you don't have to leave home. There isn't anything you can do if it hits.. try to make yourself feel better.

The only hedge you have at the moment is to get healthy! anything needs to be done at the Doctor.. do it now. Get physically fit, Start eating healthy and exercise. If you don't walk now.. after dinner take husband and kids out for a nice walk around the block .. or down the driveway or to ?? what do they say.. prevention is the best medicine?

This flu that is being discussed isn't seperate from preparing it is included. It is part of your medicine cabinet.. no more or less then making sure you have cough syrup, asprins or bandages.

If you take any meds at all.. you need to have a little stash of them too! wear glasses? get another pair!

more later.. time to mix more margaritas!

Thanks guys!

I do live rural and feel very blessed that I do.

I have 3 kids....I suppose this is why I am panicking a little. I should just bite the bullet and get out shopping so I don't feel so unprepared. Larger priced items such as a generator and a decent grain grinder...is probably a good idea. Even if this flu doesn't hit this winter...the writing is on the wall.

I'm going to go buy some hard wheat this weekend and even if I don't have a grain grinder we can always eat it like rice....

Thanks.

Quiltys, I'm with you, I feel like it's 11:50 too...

Now that I've accepted that truth for myself, I hafta stay focused and calm and decide what I need to do to take care of my family.

Although I've come to really hate it, living in such a hurricane prone part of the country has taught me lots. It's not so much about surviving high winds and flooding, as it is about knowing exactly how to survive without electricty, phone or running water. Those lessons have proved invaluable and were the foundation I built from to make the preparations I have today.

Sure there are lots more that I want and need to do, but compared with most of the country, I'm way ahead of everyone.

Archived