MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

juice of 5 -6 juicy lemons

5 - 6 eggs

200g/8oz unslated butter

500g/1 1/4lb caster sugar

Wash lemons, grate the rind fine, and put in a bowl with the juice. Add sugar, and butter cut up fine. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water, and leave until sugar dissolved and butter melted, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile beat the eggs. When butter melted and sugar dissolved, strain the eggs through a fine sieve into the bowl, and cook gently, stirring frequently until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not allow to boil or it will curdle. When thickened, pour at once into small warmed pots, cover and leave till cool. Will kepp about 1 -2 months, but must be kept in the fridge.

Good on all baked goods, also as a filling for cakes, over icecream, or stirred into homemade icecream before freezing.

My granny made the best lemon curd in the world!

Thanks for these recipes, Lowie! Things have prevented me from making my marmalade yet, but I will.

Also, can't recall who posted the lemoncello recipe, but mine is prepared and I am waiting the required time with anticipation before I can try it!