MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How are you boosting your immunity to Avian Flu?

kaseyb (Supermom!)

I'd like to brainstorm this a bit since many are so knowledgeable here. Here are some ideas I have, but I'd like to get feedback on whether all these actions are necessary or not. Also, if you have other suggestions, feel free to contribute. (Doing all this every day would be a huge challenge, but it never hurts to set goals.) Thanks!

1. Moving to a more alkaline diet

2. Taking 2 T colloidal silver every day

3. Taking buffered vitamin C powder twice per day

4. Taking 3 drops of Oregano Oil under tongue per day

5. Drinking 8 glasses of water per day

6. Taking echinacea and astragulus tinctures each day

7. Every evening drink a relaxing cup of Immune Booster tea

8. Walking two miles per day

9. Avoiding sugary, high fat foods and items with wheat or dairy which increase mucous

10. Taking time each morning to pray and focus on God's grace and love

Thanks, Teaberry! Your list has given me much to think about. I need to think about these supplements especially with all the great health benefits that I keep hearing about oregano oil. So far, I only cut out the sugary and white flour foods and follow your #10 advise.

for me just trying to stay healthy.

take a multi vit

a b complex

just added c and E will stop the E in about a few weeks

drink lots of water

exersice

eat lots of furit and veggies

try to get the dairy in (don't like milk)

and laught about something everyday and of course #10

Quote:
1. Moving to a more alkaline diet
2. Taking 2 T colloidal silver every day
3. Taking buffered vitamin C powder twice per day
4. Taking 3 drops of Oregano Oil under tongue per day
5. Drinking 8 glasses of water per day
6. Taking echinacea and astragulus tinctures each day
7. Every evening drink a relaxing cup of Immune Booster tea
8. Walking two miles per day
9. Avoiding sugary, high fat foods and items with wheat or dairy which increase mucous
10. Taking time each morning to pray and focus on God's grace and love

I only use CS when I would normally use an antibiotic.
Oregano is also an antibiotic so use it very frequently in cooking, we love it, would only use the oil when needed.
Astragalus- is a good immune booster
echinasea may not work when you need it if taking daily as it is most effective when used for 2 weeks at a time.
Eating well balanced meals is the best way to boost your immunity.
Add in the spices that add to your well being.

Westbrook I will have to check out that link when I have more time. Does look good.

I take a multi vitamin, extra B vitamins (stress) and cod liver oil daily. I've heard a lot of good things about EFA's.

I really need to get my stress levels down and start exercising. Also will start taking more vitamin C as well.

fox news - avain flu

paraphrased...

a doctor (didn't get his name) said it shouldn't be called a flu because it isn't anything like the flu.

This virus attacks the respiratory system. They are equating it to the spanish flu where the immune system is turning on itself! So the healhier you are the more problems you will have. This equates to....the healthier you are the more apt you are not going to survive.

The bigest problem with 'this' flu is you are contagious before you have symptoms (they were not definitive as to whether they were talking about spanish or avain flu..seems they are [for the sake of news and having something to say] interchanging the two when talking about it).

How much do 'they' really know? well.. near as I can tell, this virus has jumped species, so far only the male population has been exposed and there is a 100% mortality rate (again the spanish flu pretty much attacked only the male population).

Since I am familiar with all the hype of the avain flu, now I am paying very close attention to what is actually being said.

This just in while typing the above.. WHO- '140 million birds affected, likly hood of this happening to the population is unknown.. but we are viewing this as not a short term problem but as a long term problem knowing that sometime in the future their will be a pandemic.'

yeah

talk about having to weed through the hype, panic, confusion, mis-direction, both educated and uneducated commentaries, and edited snippets of tape!

and some where in the middle is a truth.. but the middle seems to be very narrow!

I have read the statement about the immune system turning on itself as well. I'll try to find that link. "They" said that is why so many healthy younger people died of the Spanish Flu. My great grandmother died in 1918 of flu, complicated by pneumonia. She was 22.

Just got Barry's book - "The Great Influenza". I'll keep you posted on what he has to say.

The Drs on the flu blog that I posted elsewhere on the forum, explained it this way, when a healthy person contracts the flu, their system throws everything it has at it at once, leaving nothing is reserve to continue the fight, thus don't use all your immune boosters beforehand, save some for follow up when you are fairly sure of the diagnosis.

Fox News (channel 360 Direct TV) 6:45-7:00 segment

News snippet - Columbia detected bird flu-insists not the same strain

Michael Leavit – likely hood of this happening at some point in the future and becoming a Pandemic, we just can’t be sure yet.

Dr. Manny Alaverez

Bird flu -How to protect yourself

Maybe won’t hit the us this year, maybe not next year, but we expect it to become a problem in the future. This [bird flu] containment is moving out of the original boarders, thus far 60 cases of human infection has been verified. A Virus changes, mutates in a humans, as it moves from human to human. Since the Hong Kong flu, we have more scientific research and we know far more now then we did then.

When it comes to vaccinations, the problem is not there has not been a lot of human infection Yet. They just don’t know how the virus will change, we still have a long way to go.

The controversy is, workers gotten infected directly from the birds they are working with but haven’t spread it to another human yet. So we are still dealing with a bird to human infection and not human to human tranmission.

The bird flu seems to affect strongest people healthiest people. Using one of the most common Anti-viral medications seems to have no effect on this strain.

End 6:55am

Archived