MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

blahblahblah

Guest Guest

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the name now, but how about:

Martha's Place: since Martha was Lazarus & Mary's sister who did the cooking.

Eve's Fault: since before she messed things up all we would have had to do is pick stuff from the trees and plants...no weeds.

KP Duty: since we in the army of the Lord on Kitchen Patrol.

Mess Tent: since that's how my kitchen looks 24-7.

Command Central: everything takes place in my kitchen.

Control Booth: same idea

Survival Food 101: since we are all learning together.

What's Cooking, where?: for stuff we don't cook in the kitchen too.

PB&J on a bad day: what's for supper on a bad day.

Pretty bad...yea, I know, that's why I like the name now.

Ok lemme revise this birdbrained idea of mine...*rolling eyes at self*...

Several people have brought to my attention, that the kitchen is not only always solely dedicated to just cooking foods...we do many things along in our kitchens that are non food preparation, like making soap and a load of other things, and it's really true...

Do y'all think that maybe we could think of a name that would encompass a broader spectrum...I remember that my mother had all her heart to heart talks with me growing up at the kitchen table...I do alot of my computer work at the island in my kitchen...my children do their homework at the kitchen table and alot of crafts are done in here too....the list is obviously endless.

Now, as you can see, this gets really tough...the central purpose of a kitchen is to cook foods, but as we all know, it also serves alot of other needs besides that.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, with all THAT said, I'm going to extend this for another week, until December 1st. I'm drawing a complete blank myself at the moment (I think I'm still in turkey overdrive) but maybe if we put our heads together we can think of something unique...

In other words...

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

lol

the lab

laboratory of life

lifes lab

survivals creative kitchen

creative concoctions (spelling?) or if you wanna be kookey, spell it kreative koncoctions lol

well, apart from "in the kitchen" that is all i can think of. :P

jo, i thought of that howls moving castle too. lol what was his name, calvin, kelvin? calver? kavlar? lol something like that

CeeGee said...

Quote:
Heart of the Home

As Darlene said...

Quote:
It's the room that I've loved and laughed in, cried and ranted and raved in...been absolutely terrified in, felt absolutely safe in...it's the room that I give a piece of myself to others in when I serve them what I've cooked and it's the one room in the house that can fill the rest of my home with comforting smells and memories. It's MY space that I enjoy sharing with others and it's the place where everyone knows they can come and feel better...whether it be by filling their tummies or listening as they unload the weights on their hearts.

The kitchen for me, is the central operating zone of my home.

To me this means that our kitchens are the Heart of the Home.

And I still like it.......

Heart of the Home always makes me think of Mothers,

not the kitchen.

If I HAD to change it here are some good choices.

Texmex

Friends In the Kitchen

Country Kitchen

Buttercup

The Kitchen Nook

Cupboard Creations

Cooking with Love

Hills

Around the Kitchen Table

Our Cozy Kitchen

Lois

Cooking from the Heart