MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold Turkey

Guest Guest

I was just going over the site seeing *we need to do this here, and that there, etc...*..

And I just dont have the energy (at least today or up until today) to do it...

I've been having major problems sleeping...my muscles ache...I have this tickle cough in the back of my throat...one minute I'm hot, the next minute I'm freezing, I am unbelieveably fatigued, to the point that it's starting to scare me, on and on and on...

I don't think I'm sick per se...

And then today I started to think...I wonder if it's cause I just stopped abruptly using the pain meds..I was on some pretty heavy pain meds...oxycontin and percocets. I did a search on withdrawals on them and alot of what I'm dealing with, they list as withdrawal symptoms.

It just kinda blows me away that taking them for what? 10 days-2weeks, when I abruptly stop them is making me feel so bad.

While I was in that immense pain I was grateful for them but right now, with the way I feel, I can't stand the things and I refuse to take them. I figure the quicker I get this garbage outta my system, the faster I'll be back to normal (or so I hope....have 20 people coming for Thanksgiving)...

I don't like drugs, I know that they're important and help people with alot of different things, but stuff like this is just nuts...

Anyway, as soon as I get past this aching and fatigue, I'll be able to get a few more things done around here.

*sigh*

Darlene, drink as much cranberry juice as you can stand. It will help to flush the meds out of your system more quickly. Cranberry juice cleans the kidneys, the kidneys are what process anesthesia and pain meds to flush out of your body. The more you drink, the better you'll feel. Your bodyis probably kinda desperate for the vitamin C, too. Drink water on top of the cranberry juice. Feel better, tomorrow is turkey day prep time...

Love you, take care...

Yeah I think you're right...I don't know how long it takes to get this garbage outta my system, but I'm sure it's gonna take a little while...

I do know that the first week after the surgery, I hardly ate anything, I totally quit taking all my vitamins cause I couldn't stand anything in my stomach, which in the long run was probably not a good thing.

I guess as we get older, it's harder to shake this stuff. Last night I couldn't fall asleep till 4am...I still ache, but not as bad, I'm started back on my vitamins, I got some cranberry juice and I kinda wish I didn't hafta do this dinner tomorrow, but oh well, I'll waddle my way through.

Thanks for the tips, hopefully it'll speed this detox up.

Archived