MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Fun!

Guest Guest

We've had a ton of deer and fawn over the years, not as pets exactly but we've had a few who stayed around a long time, though they were free. One, Felicity, even brought it's twin fawns back to visit us but then she was the 'pet' of the whole neighborhood when she was young. We had to paint her orange during deer season as she would walk right up to a hunter and lick their face or worse yet.......drink their coffee. She loved coffee with cream and sugar in it. (sorry to borrow you Nana)

I don't know the answer to the question but would suspect it could be Teddy Roosevelt because he was a nature lover and would perhaps believe that it was a waste of a good tree?

Mother

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny about painting your deer orange Mother. Willie would follow hunters around too. One man said, if he hadn't know it was Willie, he'd a been frightened to death. He and a friend had deer scent on their boots and the friend, who didn't know Willie, about croaked when he turned around and had a deer stalking him instead of the other way around. , Teddy Roosevelt is correct!

Let's try a riddle this time. Really stupid but kind of fun!

What does a nearsighted Christmas gingerbread cookie use for eyes?

Red antlers are even more interesting than an orange deer. Did you ever wonder what HE thought of the red antlers or worse yet,,,did the other deer laugh and call him names and not let him play in any reindeer games?

Your riddle is too deep for me but I can hardly wait for some replies to come in. I bet there are some good ones out there.

They all made fun of him Mother but he didn't care. There was one with a red nose out there too and no one liked him either. They became good friends AND the rest is history! the riddle so I'll give you the answer and try another trivia question.

What does a nearsighted Christmas gingerbread cookie use for eyes?

The answer is: Contact raisins

New question:

What best selling Christmas song did Gene Autry record in 1951?

I thought it was Rudolph too but my paper says for 1951 it was Frosty the Snowman. Who knew!

How about this one:

What was the name of the dog that belonged to the Grinch in Dr. Seuss' book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?

a. Rudolph

b. Toto

c. Max

d. Cerberus

It was Max, I know because I asked the Grinch just friday night at our local Chrismas Walk!!!! Certainly he would know his own dog's name, wouldn't he?

My goodness, you people are good!

How about this next one.......

When you go Wassailing, what is it that you are doing?

a. Giving out gifts to your friends & neighbors

b. Going out in the woods to cut down your Christmas tree

c. Challenging as many of your neighbors as you can to a snowball fight

d. Going to visit neighbors and receiving goodies!

CeeGee was correct!

What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season?

a. Santa Claus

b. An Angel

c. A Star

d. A Rose

I love this Grubby! You and I must be related. I can guess with a 50-50 chance and never be right when I play Trivial Pursuit. You my dear are wrong with both answers!

Good morning! Thanks for questioning me Grubby! Buttercup is right it's D, the rose.

Here's the first for this -7 degree morning.

Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in what year?

a. 1925

b. 1700

c. 1895

d. 1750

Archived