MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Care Packages

Guest Guest

I think that we need to coordinate something where we can put together care packages for the men and women who are in our families that have been sent overseas right now.

I know that Snowmom has a son over there and Karen's son is being deployed there too.

While not everyone might be able to afford sending an actual package, a card or letter would mean alot too.

So anyway, I think we should list the names and addresses of those family members we have that are over there so that some of us can send them care packages. If there's anything in particular that you know that they need, please list that also...I've done this in the past in groups and I know that the soldiers that have received them have been so grateful for the items, and also very touched and moved to know that all of us, still safe at home in the States, haven't forgotten that they're all alone over there.

I'm gonna make this post a sticky post to keep it at the top...please list their birthdays too so that we can remember them on that day...also, does anyone know how long it takes in transport time, for them to receive packages that we send?

Hi Darlene!

Great idea! My dh got back from Iraq at the end of July...I know the care packages mean alot to the men and women over there.

That being said, I think ti would be prudent to keep listings of addresses off of the board....I think it should be something emailed privately, and not posted on a forum. When dh was gone, we weren't even allowed to publicly post his address at church. Just a thought

Shawna

Okay, here's a thought. If the military family member has inernet access, would it be possible for some of us to post maybe a first name or initials of a loved on here and the rest of us could all reply with hello's and words of good wishes and then they could be viewed by the loved ones or their family could send copies of them?

We definitely need to keep their addresses and locations and what they are doing, off of the boards. Security is a huge factor, and I know that we don't want to do anything that could jepordize their safety. Our DS is a Marine,and this was stressed to us over and over.

That being said, I know that he and his men really enjoyed mail call, and they were very generous in sharing what they received. We were advised to send some things in tins so they could reuse them for storage to keep the rats out.

God Bless our wonderful sons and daughters, and God Bless our country.

Quote:
We definitely need to keep their addresses and locations and what they are doing, off of the boards. Security is a huge factor, and I know that we don't want to do anything that could jepordize their safety. Our DS is a Marine,and this was stressed to us over and over.
That being said, I know that he and his men really enjoyed mail call, and they were very generous in sharing what they received. We were advised to send some things in tins so they could reuse them for storage to keep the rats out.
God Bless our wonderful sons and daughters, and God Bless our country.

Thank you for reinforcing that...we'd never wanna do anything that would jeapordize them or their safety.

Mare has alot of experience having grown up and been around in many ways with the military so I have complete confidence that she will communicate wisely the information we need to send care packages, without having anything out for public viewing.

Your idea of sending tins is a great one, thank you for sharing that...any other ideas or hints you could share would be greatly appreciated...I know that I wanna send things that will mean alot and be useful for one reason or another.

Keep those ideas coming Snowmom, they are really helpful!

I'm glad you were able to hear from him and my heart goes out to him, as I know it's really rough to be so far from his family.

Archived