MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mushroom spores

Servalan

I have seen many kits for growing mushrooms on a log in my basement. The kits make it sound like you get about 3 pounds of mushrooms then you have to buy a new kit. Does anyone know how to make these kits last longer? Do mushrooms make more spores that I can harvest and put on another log?

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/7919

Try this web site. Hope it helps you.

Also if you take some of the mushrooms place then in a bowl of water place a small plate on top to keep them submerged. Leave them in the refridg for 48 hours. Then pore the warter around trees in your yard that have good shade. I have done this with morel shrooms and have them growing every spring in my yard. the spores collect in the water and grow around the shadded shrubs and trees.

Good Luck.

• 15 years later...

If you're one in ten Americans like me, and live in California, you can't order shroom spores online :(. However, I have heard of some more "natural" methods of obtaining spores from freshly picked mushrooms. Anybody have any experience, advice, etc on this topic (or on the shroom spore topic in general)?

On 2/8/2006 at 9:23 PM, ashu12 said:

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/7919

Try this web site. Hope it helps you.

Also if you take some of the mushrooms place then in a bowl of water place a small plate on top to keep them submerged. Leave them in the refridg for 48 hours. Then pore the warter around trees in your yard that have good shade. I have done this with morel shrooms and have them growing every spring in my yard. the spores collect in the water and grow around the shadded shrubs and trees.

Good Luck.

mushroom spores

If you're one in ten Americans like me, and live in California, you can't order shroom spores online :(. However, I have heard of some more "natural" methods of obtaining spores from freshly picked mushrooms. Anybody have any experience, advice, etc on this topic (or on the shroom spore topic in general)?

I am not getting solution of this question
  • Thanks 1