MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Kygal

TOOLS for those who know nothing of them

LOL pink is the way to go! That is how I marked my tools when I was on the job. lol All the guys knew which tools were mine!

Originally Posted By: Pixie
LOL pink is the way to go! That is how I marked my tools when I was on the job. lol All the guys knew which tools were mine!

I get pink whenever I can too. The guys just don't feel comfortable steal...er uh borrowing them. I always buy pink scissors for the same reason. nail

Admittedly an old topic, but wanted to add a trick.  If you get some inkjet foil labels, such as Avery, then mark your sockets and wrenches with the size.  And have a size chart, combined sae and metric.  Saves lots of time looking for this or that.

I got a new tool a few months ago and just had the chance to use it last week. Its a laser tape measure. You can either use the laser or the regular tape measure. It worked so fast and easy. No more crawling across the floor counting and recounting the 'feet' as I go. The new house has some odd shaped rooms with an open floor plan and the laser really made it easy to measure.  I just had to remember to add a couple of inches if I had the measure butted up against the wall.

A couple of walls were long but I just wanted to measure a part of the wall so I put a box where I wanted to stop measuring and it worked great. The laser stopped at the box.

It will come in handy for hanging pictures straight too. I really like tools.

• Thanks 3

That’s great, Jeepers.  I’ve always wondered if those really worked.  :thumbs:

I like tools too!  Does it run on batteries....what kind?

MtRidr :thumbs:  Sounds real good for us older folks! 

Thanks Ambergris. I never thought to check mine. I didn't always use it butted up against a wall. Sometimes I measured from a window frame to the corner of a wall. 

It runs on batteries that were included. It takes two. I left it at the Indy house but I think they were just AA. Could have been AAA but I'm pretty sure they were AA. The actual tape measure is a really nice thick one too. 

• Like 3

Thanks Midnightmom! I need a speed square and a T square. I love tools. Even the ones I don't know how to use. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.