PETA??????????????????

Guest Guest

Don't get me going Wheeler!!! They were here in New Bedford, MA a few years ago!...Dressed as fish...on street corners...in schools!.."Telling all that fish have feelings too"..Now, this city is like the # 1 fishing port in the country!..They were laughed out of town!.. If you don't like fish or meat...hey..np!

As was said..they have thier leather belts and shoes...I like meat and fish!..Duh? Who feeds the world?..Now I hate "ocean raping"..aka drift nets and factory ships.

People like these banned trapping for beavers..now? flooding septic systems...Argg! I can't go on!...Got to go eat a steak..medium rare..Thank you!

FOR ALL PETA's here..Do what you want! I will defend your right to be an a**hole..Just don't bring it on me or my children..This is just an opinion of Ed

All replies are welcome..Sorry for venting in your forum Wheeler!..just a "raw nerve"

"City Children" think meat comes from the store in plastic..Nope!..enough from me!..ARGGGG!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

I agree Ed. I think that it's cruel to kill just for fun, but if you will use everthing from what you killed (as much as possible) than I don't see what the problem is...

A friend of mine in Bible School had a tshirt that sais "Forget the Whales...save the People!" smile.gif My thoughts exactly!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

happygirl,

I don't agree with you about whales. They are such massive,lovely animals!..and easy "targets"..I have seen them "up close"..The fishing industry around here is in a big mess!..read in over fishing. Is aqua culture the answer? Not sure..but you can't keep harvesting..anyway, not a flame to you!..Just those PETA "people" really tick me off!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Ed, no offense taken, but I think that I didn't express myself clearly, and I do apologize for that.

I love whales. My point in saying that I liked my friends tshirt that said "Forget the Whales, save the people" was that I think sometimes we loose track of what is really important. I'm all for saving animals, specially the ones who will at some point become extinct. And I whole heartedly agree with MM about being enraged when people kill just to kill. I believe that that's wrong. My point was (which now I wonder how it has to do with any of this...sorry!) that if I ever had to choose between saving a human life or an animals life, I'd save the human one. In a much smaller scale, I in turn support (volunteering and financially) agencies that help save people...spiritually and physically.

Again, I am totally with you in saving the animals...like MM said, we must find a balance between the two. Use what we need (killing animas for eating and clothing that we need), but not use our "power" to treat them bad, or kill them just because we want to.

I'm sorry if I offended you Ed. It was not my intention at all...I hope this helps clearify what I was trying to say...you know it all makes sense in my mind!!! wink.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

happygirl,

No offence here!..Just stating my opinion...read those PETA ads...makes me want to puke!...I know what you meant happygirl..Ed

We "raise" animals for meat..cows, chickens. ...They are "grown" to be eaten.

Like I said before, and MM..there has to be a "balance"..sigh!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

This is my view:

If there were no whales, then in the great run of things, there could be no people, as everything on planet earth is interdependent, and the earth a living organism with many many parts making a whole. If one of the parts disappears, no matter how small, unimportant or insignificant it may seem to us(but it isn't and couldn't be), then the whole sytem is under threat. Many humans have what I consider to be the very arrogant view that the planet is here for their use, and the flora, fauna, minerals, and other resources are there to be exploited for their use, and cannot see further than the end of their noses as to the consequences in the long run.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

I apologize that it has taken awhile to respond to these post. Just thought I'd let Y'all know that I agree with everyone.

I'm kind of a fence sitter. I'm in between both views. However I am an anti-extremeist. I'm against any group or persons that take their cause to the extreme. Be it

PETA, fisherman or as we call them down here

Tree Huggers. We've been having a big issue

with PETA and other Animal Rights people

during deer season. Every year they tresspass

on land and spread around human urine. Which this causes the deer to leave the area.

Last year there was a big court battle in my area. A hunter shot a "Tree Hugger" in the butt while he was taking a nature break in the hunters area. He used a bow and got him with a field point which is straight.

However if it were'nt for "Enviromentalist"

doing their thing in the sixities. We would'nt have fresh water now.

I grew up a mile from the Mississippi in St.Louis. I remember trying to fish in the mid 60's and when I cast my fishing line out it actually melted. Dow Chemical and Monsanto

were right across the river.

I took my daughter to the same spot in the early 80's and we caught 4 different species.

It made my heart feel good that we can make a change.

wheeler.jpg

"You have to be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi.

The ripple effect: when a butterfly flaps its wings, it results in a tidal wave. Can't remember where that came from (like ripples on a pond spreading far and wide from where the stone went in, I think), but it's very true if you string it all together.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Good topic!

Funny, deer season opens up here in a few weeks. There are more deer in MA now then were when the Pilgrims 1'st set foot in America. Why? Scientific managment of the herd. I think MM has it right BALANCE with nature. Remeber the bison?..now we "grow" cows. Think about it.

------------------

edandpeg.gif