MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
logcabinmama

Oldpine out of surgery and healing

Hi, just to let you know some of us are home, DS, boys and myself. We just got home a few minutes ago. I called back to the hospital to have them let DH know we made it home safe.

Guest Guest

So glad to hear all went well and that you're home safe and sound Snow!!! Remind DH when he gets home that he's to mind what you say!!!

Guest Guest

(((((snowmom and oldpine)))))

I'm so happy to hear he's out and doing well...send our love to him when you talk to him please.

Snowmom, they told us that it is standard procedure to give insulin when they have surgery, because you can't eat properly for a few days. They said it would not change whatever he was using before the surgery. Glad to hear all is going so well, my prayers are still with you all.

I am so glad you posted. I have been thinking about your family for days now. It sounds like he is progressing well.

I just talked to DH and the nurse. For some reason his heart rate went way high very early this morning and they called his dr. in, they gave him something for it, but it is still to high. They are getting a cardiologist later or soon to check him out.

It was planned for him to come home tomorrow until this happened, he now may end up staying the weekend over there.

Thought I'd let you know what I had heard this morning.

Yesterday I had called early in the morning and Old Pine was having a problem breathing. Then with all the going on over there, I think I must have tried at least 6 times before getting to talk to him again. It was about 6:30 in the evening when I did get to talk.

First one person was with him and then someone else. Then he was on the phone.

Ok, this is what happened, he had a partially collapsed lung and I guess this had happened during surgery, and they said it is not uncommon for this to happen.

I am having the neighbor take me over there today for a visit so I need to get ready to go.

I am not sure when he will be coming home, but before this had happened, it was to be today.

Thank you all again for all the prayers and I'll be sure to tell him you are all praying for him and I'll give him some

I'm praying for Old Pine (and Snowmom) and hope you get to just bring him home today.

My husband had a collapsed lung when he was in his 20s - it was from a blep (mar?) he was born with. Recovery was good and he just has a little scar there where the tube went in.