MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

TEOTWAWKI Reality Check Test

Mother

Yes, we have packet8. This costs us just 19.99 a month for our phone. It is such a blessing. We went from having a $225 phone bill six months ago to paying $55 for our phone and internet!

Our entire property is fenced in in the back, but there isn't a place to put a horse. We have some goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys, rabbits and ducks. The way the house sits and the neighbors are located, we couldn't put another animal on here without doing a lot of fencing. Most people here charge maybe $50 a month for boarding a horse so it wouldn't be worth it and we don't have a barn either. We have some shelters for the goats and they are much easier on the ground. We have sold off all but a few of our goats. We are down to just a few new babies and our milkers.

Groceries are the least of our expenses even with 6 of us.

We eat a lot of rice and beans and we have 3 pigs in the freezer that we raised over the winter. We also have rabbit and chicken in there from last fall when we butchered.

I managed to get some 10/1.00 seeds and plant a garden. But that will be some time before we see harvest. I planted peas, green beans, carrots, sunflowers, nasturtiums, zuchhini, and tomatoes. I can as much as I can also.

I've been very ill and a friend of mine has arranged to have two meals a week delivered to help out until I can get a handle on my health. I just wish I could find a job working from home that would give me income. I've been trying to find something for several years and I have been unsuccessful.

Thank you again for all of your prayers. It is comforting to know that they are being said.

Do you have any family members who may work in a doctors office or a hospital.,,,, maybe they could help with getting you a home typist job... typing the transcripts for doctors... it pays good money,, Ihave a cousin who has been doing this for years.....or check online for the work at home online articles,, you just have to be very careful to make sure you find a reputable company..

I would love to do medical transcription. I type very well, I can use almost any program. I'm familiar with a lot of medical terminology. I have no idea how to get started. I don't know anyone that does it..well except one gal and I think she would see me more as competition than help me.

There seem to be soo many scams out there!

Hi!

Boy, do I understand where you're coming from. A few years ago, we had some major losses and ended up having to stay with friends for what was supposed to be a few months and ended up being a year and a half.

I am a pretty new Christian so of course this was a huge test of my faith. I so understand where you are coming from.

I will be praying for you.

One thing I wanted to mention, since you've got huge non profit experience, is to contact Volunteer Fire Departments, and their Auxiliaries, to offer your services at $10/hr. or so. DH is a volunteer fire fighter, and I hear all the time about how they need help with grant writing and paperwork and book keeping, etc. They did hire some one to do it, but she's I think the third person in 2 years to work on it, because none of them have had NP experience. Your ability to write grants alone would make you a huge asset. If you're interested, please PM me and I will do some research and find some names and addresses for you to contact people. YOu would want to put together a flier and a letter of introduction. Most of these agencies are hugely in need of that type of help, because, for one, a lot of people don't realize they'd pay for that (it IS the VOLUNTEER FD, LOL), for two, people don't realize they NEED that (what do you mean you have a budget? you actually have to buy your own equipment-the Fire Truck Fairy doesn't bring it?? LOL). I'd be happy to use DH's contacts to get you some info. Most of what I can get will be in Colo, but that will be a start. YOu can put together books and grant proposals from anywhere. Let me know!

Mommy of Six

Archived