MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Killer flu

MoonGoddess

Guest Guest

That's why our concern is so heightened...that's why we diigently make preparations, even in the face of mocking and disbelief from others.

It boils down to just "something ain't right here", and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know in our guts that a potential threat could effect all our lives.

I'm just so glad my Mom is finally getting the big picture. I told her about the Sumatra incident and she mentioned it to my middle sister and was shocked to find my sister has been prepping as well Then she responded with "Oh the government will figure something out to cure it ,I'm not worried"

Robin

Guest Guest

My daughter is 26 Robin and lives in San Francisco. I can't even get her to keep a couple gallons of water, a few cans of soup and crackers for emergencies.

Living in the city she simply buys what they need almost daily. Worries me but there's not a thing I can do about it. I just hope if things get bad she can get back home to Iowa......I don't know how she'll do it but if it's possible I know she will.

My brother has always denied any sort of prepping and I can believe that he doesn't do it intentionally, but......

1. He's a caravanner. He has a big rig that is capable of going off grid for a longggggg time.

2. He's a gunner. He has several shotguns and ammo even though he hasn't shot a clay in years.

3. He's a radio ham. He's been a ham for years and has a big arial at his home.

4. His garage is stocked with all kinds of food & drink he gets at big sales.

5. He has a 4 wheel drive vehicle and a motorbike and has several petrol cans stashed away.

6. His home is very secure for when he's away with the caravan.

7. Being a caravanner, he knows where all the local water sources and sewer dumps are.

8. Being a caravanner he knows all the best out of the way places to hide.

9. He and his DW both work where they are sometimes required to wear facemasks and gloves. Now they may not be FFP3 (orN95/100) but its a good start.

10. Ain't that enough?

I think I'll just move in with him.

It's surprising to me how many people don't keep any extra food in their homes. I'm aware of at least three that I know. One is an elderly man. He always eats away from home. I casually asked him once if he didn't have any food at home. He said he has several jugs of ice water in his refrigerator and 4 small cans of peas. That's it! Since then he has given me one of his cans of peas because, he said he only got them because they were on sale and 4 cans was too much. I was exasperated. I tried to get him to keep it. I tried to tell him he needed to keep food at home in case he were to become ill and not be able to get out. I made no headway. Very frustrating!

Also, I might add, he is a bachelor with no family nearby.

Missie

Archived