MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is ignorance bliss?

FURRY

Rant alert! Rant alert!

Unbelievable! A few days ago I posted an article here about a Columbus, Ohio neighborhood making plans to deal with bird

flu if it hit their area. Today at work I saw that one of my

coworkers had hung that article up on the bulletin board in the break room. I was curious as to who the person was who hung it so I thought I would ask around.

The first person I asked was my boss. I asked if he put up the bird flu article. He said, "what's that?". I asked him if he meant to tell me he had never heard of the bird flu and he said, "no, why? what is it?" I was just floored!

Either they thought it was funny OR they want to alert people and they do not want anyone to know they are prepping.

And yes, ignorance is bliss. Once you are aware there is no going back.

Shocking but true.

Thanks for posting, it just never ends with the stories and by now you would think there is not a person in the world who is ignorant to H5n1! Geesh.

It amazes me how little people watch the news or are informed on anything. When I worked most didn't even vote. They didn't know what the issues or candidates were. I bet that most at my old work don't know about the bird flu. I have been talking to one girl about it...she seems a little concerned. I have been telling her that she needs to can her garden, dehydrate, etc. Which is the best way to begin helping her get prepared.

Archived