MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The winner of the All American 921 Canner is.....

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

txcowgirl!

Congratulations!!!!

I wrote down everyone's name on a piece of paper and put them all in my baby canner and had my daughter pick a name out of the canner and txcowgirl was the winner!

I appreciate the interest everyone has shown and have decided something...

I come across good deals on canners from time to time...they're not all the All American brand, but I started my canning on a pressure canner that was my mom's (I think from sears) and used that for years till I had the house fire and lost everything. It canned exactly as my monster All American did, but on a much smaller scale than I use.

So, I took the liberty of continuing to pick names and writing them down on a paper and as I come across these deals, I'd like to continue to offer canners, whether it be an All American or a Mirro or Presto, to those that participated in this drawing. If you're not interested in this proposal, then just make a post and say so and I'll move to the next name on the list!

Thanks so much again, and congratulations txcowgirl! We look forward to walking the journey with you as you start making your OWN home cooked meals and preserving them the old fashioned way.

Guest Guest

*gasp*

nooooooooooooooooooooooo...I have a 20qt pot of split pea soup and ham going and a 16qt pot of chicken broth going that I hafta can tomorrow, PLUS I have 150 ears of corn left that I hafta finish up tomorrow, PLUS I have about 500lbs of meat I gotta go pick up tomorrow....

No time this week to travel.

lol

Congratulations!

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at the generosity of Darlene! Just amazing! I had to tell Dh twice what the draw was and he couldn't believe she would be willing to send it anywhere in the world. He thought that in in itself was fantastic.

Guest Guest

It keeps me humble and grateful that sometimes I can do things in His name.

Yanno what I mean?

Nite all...see ya in the morning!

Txcowgirl, many congratulations! May you have many happy and productive hours ahead of you with your new pressure canner, and that blessed feeling of a laden pantry.

Darlene, you're the best. You enabled someone else to be her best and reach greater heights. Blessings to you!

Darlene,

Even though I didn't win the canner your drawing has made me think more about canning, get out the Blue Book I bought last year and get going. Soon as I get the money together I'm going to by a good pressure canner. In the meantime I'm going to head over to the u-pick blackberry patch and make some jam with my water bath canner.

So you see, Darlene, that you have helped not just txcowgirl but all of us!

Guest Guest

awwwwwwwwwwww teacozy, I'm SO excited for you!

(((((tea)))))

Best of luck with your jams...I LOVE making jams...make sure you keep us posted...we love to cheer each other on!

Guest Guest

Congratulations txcowgirl! Darlene, you're wonderful, as always! You can keep my name on the list (as well as Pixie's...her computer is completely dead right now).

~Jo

I am so happy, I am speechless! Work has been a real pain this week, so that is why I haven't been on in the past few days. This is so exciting! I was telling my mom the other day about this site and set up a "date" with her so she can teach me to can. (She has been doing it for years.) Now I can take my own canner and learn to use it and spend some quality time with my mom. This is great! I am overwhelmed by you generosity Darlene. Thank you so much! And thank all of you for your congratulations! I feel like a princess! (uh oh, does this mean I get sent to the boot camp thingie?) Well, for something like this, it might be worth it! Again, thank you.

Guest Guest

lol Congratulations again!

No, you do not have the *priviledge* of going to the Princess boot camp unless you misbehave like westie and nana...rofl

Please pm me your name and address so I can get it shipped to you.

Thanks.

Archived