car had hit him and he looked like he'd been dead for about a week. I

didn't look..hubby did. I didn't keep this one in the house, but he had a

lot outside that he slept in at night. He has been missing for a week at

a time before when a neighborhood cat would be in heat, so I didn't get

too worried until a week had passed. I didn't want to neuter him because

he was a beautiful black bobtail and me and my BIL wanted to keep him for

kittens. I have three new kittens from him now and BIL has some. They are

beautiful just like him. He was five years old. I know he was just a cat,

but I loved him. I hope there's a kitty Heaven.

Kaye

Kaye, I'm so sorry about your loss. I hate losing pets.

Oh, man, Mommafitz, what are simple suppers like? LOL. DH walks all day long so he's starving when he walks in the door. We are crockpotting a lot lately so I can heat the house as little as possible.

Already started in the kitchen, anticipating no water today. They haven't said either way so I'm assuming we won't have it today. Didn't get much done yesterday, I was tired all day.

Have to post about my "neice" today, will work on that post throughout the day, it's bound to be long. One of those issues that weighs on my heart and I dont know what to do.

Tonights dinner is baked chicken (the crockpot will be busy cooking chicken for the freezer, $.19/lb), some kind of potatoes, leftover bread, peas and carrots. I'm going to try to get some stuff done do I can work on my next co-op. I finally got my wholesale agreement from Frontier so I'll get to see their prices and put something together. Need to do laundry, too. That never ends!

Mommy of Six

I'm doing a post and run this morning. I have to work. I sure am jealous of those with the extra long weekend.

Kaye~I'm very sorry for your loss of your beloved kitty. Yes, there is a kitty heaven. I believe that.

I think we're going to do a little cooking over an open fire tomorrow for the 4th. Our plans are still up in the air a bit. I have to work until 4 tomorrow so we'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day today. Enjoy your BBQ's and have fun.

Guest Guest

Well, I've finally made it back home and I'm exhausted. Rex (my cat) made it through his surgery like a trooper! He's so glad to be back home I can't "talk" him into lying down and taking it easy.

Now I have to put all my groceries up that I more or less slung through the door and took just enough time to put the items in the fridge before I had to leave again and go get Rex. My house is a diseaster, my son and his wife are coming in tomorrow, we're having another cookout, and I have to make a cauliflower salad and a pineapple upside down cake. And I'm worn out from running today. I'm working on my second cup of coffee now trying to get some more energy!

I bought a lot of food items today to add to my preps, but with everything going on for the next few days it'll probably be the weekend before I can organize and put it away.

I have to say something..I've only been on this site for a little over a week, but you all are the sweetest bunch of people I've ever "met". Thank you so much. And Snowmom..I love the poem and am going to print it out. Thank you for taking the time to post it. And for the links. I'm going to light a candle on Mondays like the website suggests for my pets. Thank you all again, dear friends!

Kaye

Hi All

Another Monday - another week started. I have finally got all my material from Uni for the next lot of studies. I have chosen to include a fun elective 'desktop publishing' I figure I can use that any where. This week I need to get all the textbooks etc.

Although it has been busy, I am avoiding town. I live in a small town that had an international disaster about 6 years ago, 15 backpackers were killed in a fire that was delibrately lit in the hostel. This week they are holding a coronial enquiry into the incident to decide who can be charged over it, even though the man that lit the fire is in prison. The powers that be are trying to decide who else contributed. It is sad and all the TV crews are camped in the main street. I had to go up the street today - locals are avoiding the area, they just don't want the media-circus any more. At least I can stay home and do some sewing and catch up on other things that wont get looked at till next break.

For all you americans - have a great day on the 4th

Take care everyone

Sue

Archived