MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

10,000 steps

Homesteader

I have read this several times lately in newspapers and magazines. We are supposed to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. More if we want to lose weight or tone up. I really need to get a pedometer. I am sure I don't get anywhere that many steps a day.

Guest Guest

Momo, I have a pedometer and I used to keep track of my steps. I was up to 30,000 a day! If I didn't have my goal by that night, I would walk around and around through my house (you can walk a circle in my house the way the floorplan is) until I hit goal.

The reason I quit is you have to wear it next to your stomach or the same general area, because it works by the motion of your steps. It drove me crazy against my belly all day! But if you can stand the aggrevation of wearing it, it's a great way to get more exercise!

Kaye

I bought so many pedometers that quit working that I finally started counting my steps. From the back door to the bridge and back it's 1/2 mile, to my MIL's mailbox and back it's 3/4, etc. So, as long as I walk in my own neighborhood I don't need a pedometer or to count. Sure makes it easy!

I know 2600 steps (for me) is 1 mile so I do at least 7800 steps per day walking. That's not counting just my everyday walking around, working around the house, shopping or whatever.

Archived