MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Needing prayer

I will try to give the Reader's Digest version but we have had new next door neighbors move in a week ago. In that time, the police have been called out 6 times. Loud music, shooting off fireworks at 3 in the morning,flashing a pistol in the driveway, a pit bulldog, "thumping" cars, drunk 18 year olds, etc. Last night, one of them threatened to kick my husband's a**. We called the police and got a pat on the head, although supposedly they are going to check out the pitbull.

Most of the other neighbors are afraid to file complaints because they are afraid of retaliation.

I would appreciate prayers of protection and wisdom.

Guest Guest

No wonder you're worried. Sounds like a very rough bunch. Are these renters or did they buy the place? I pray they didn't buy. If they are renters, contact the owner and demand they do something about them. Even if the cops just pat you on the head, call them out several times a day. Call them if the people so much as sneeze. Sooner or later they'll get tired of being called so much and maybe they'll really try to do something about it. File charges for harrassing and threatening. Have a meeting with the rest of the neighbors and ask them to do the same. It's a shame none of them will stand up for the peace of their neighborhood.

That said, remember this is just advice. Don't let me talk you into something that will get you hurt. You're there, I'm not.

There's nothing worse than neighbors from H**L. Be careful and stay on guard. I'll certainly pray for you.

Kaye

I'm happy to say we had the first quiet night last night. I've been talking to more neighbors this morning and there has been more going on than just what we've been dealing with. I've got more positive, helpful feedback today. Please keep those prayers coming!

Guest Guest

Keep talking to your neighbors...there is strength in numbers. If y'all bond together and request that the authorities handle this, you might see a little more action. Together, y'all might be able to address this situation in a careful and wise manner.

Father,

I pray that You will keep Your hand of protection over these families in this area...camp Your angels around their homes that no harm may come to them. Give them Your wisdom in dealing with whatever comes their way and may they remember Your faithfulness, love and protection, for You alone are God.

In Jesus Name,

Just to keep you up-to-date: We have found out that the main troublemaker has a rap sheet a mile long including felonious assault. However, God has still provided blessings; we've gotten to know our neighbors much better and they are really pulling together. I'm still concerned for everyone's safety so please say a prayer after you read this. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it says "Palestar" this is my post. I've just returned from the Police Station. My husband went last week and we're just not getting any help. We called the police again last night - they came, took the main troublemaker with them, but he was back in an hour.

Because of my visit this morning, they are turning this over to the Vice Squad because we think they are dealing drugs out of their house. I think things just got more dangerous and I'm very worried about the safety of my family. Please keep us on your list.

Saying prayers here as well. I was in a similar situation and we ended up moving. We had people dealing drugs next door to us and there were lots of guns involved and some shots fired. I couldn't stand going home at night so we found some land and moved.

Quote:
Saying prayers here as well. I was in a similar situation and we ended up moving. We had people dealing drugs next door to us and there were lots of guns involved and some shots fired. I couldn't stand going home at night so we found some land and moved.

I'm starting to feel the same way. My husband's got both the shotguns loaded and I feel like I'm constantly looking out my window to see what is going on next door.

Maybe God is trying to get me to move.

Thanks you for all of your prayers.

I so know what a neighbor from H*** is like, and I have prayers for your situation. Like someone said though, if the house is a rental, notify the owners. We have a rental, and I would SO want to know if I had that kind of renter, and I guarantee they would be gone in a heartbeat. Fences and horses, and no common walls make the best neighbors.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping this post because last night at 2 in the morning, we had 4 police cruisers at the house next door over a fight in the front lawn that spilled over to our front lawn. Thankfully the main troublemaker had left his gun in the house. this is the type of trouble I've been dreading. Of course, the police took no one into custody and only charged one guy with vandalism because during the fight, he damaged the troublemaker's car.

Earlier last week, we were told that the Narcotics unit was going to investigate the residence. I guess they are using ESP because no one has been watching the house - believe me, I know because my husband and I watch the house constantly. We're also going after the landlord with another neighbor. The rest of the neighbor's are sleeping soundly with their heads in the sand.

You know, if TSHTF, I have been given a very clear picture of who on my street to count on...........

Please continue to pray for our safety and our efforts to get them out of here.

May God protect you and your family. This is inexcusable on the part of the law enforcement. How dare they let this continue? What good is it to have laws against criminal behavior if things like this are allowed to go on?

You said this gave you a clear picture of what neighbors you could depend on if TSHTF. It's also a clear picture of what would happen in every neighborhood. It's a shame it's happening while the country is still "civilized".

I would come down hard on the landlord. Look into some way to sue him if he doesn't throw them out. You're in my prayers.

Kaye

**joining with the others...*

On the police side, though...

Sometimes they have to work undercover for drugs, and actually *catch* the dealers by time-consuming work that leads up to getting *enough* evidence to actually convict.

Lawyers and judges have way too many ways to let these people back onto the streets, and then guess where they return to "get even"?

You WANT them to be convicted and incarcerated for a LONG TIME!!

Quote:
**joining with the others...*

On the police side, though...

Sometimes they have to work undercover for drugs, and actually *catch* the dealers by time-consuming work that leads up to getting *enough* evidence to actually convict.

Lawyers and judges have way too many ways to let these people back onto the streets, and then guess where they return to "get even"?

You WANT them to be convicted and incarcerated for a LONG TIME!!

Cat - you are right. I know that the officers have laws that they must abide by and even though those people are awful they have rights too.

On the down side, my husband and I suspect that someone in the police department is tipping them off. Last week, we gave the Narcotics guys a list of license plates that had been at the residence. Since then, none of them have returned, but the people that live there have been bringing them in their own cars.

Several times when we've called about the pitbull, within 10 minutes, the woman takes off in her car with the pitbull.

The 18 year boy that lives there has a good friend who's uncle is in the department. Ironically, he (the uncle) was the main investigator of the brawl the other night.... and on 2 other occasions.

Enough of my rant. I hope I didn't insult anyone here about my remarks about the police. I said things out of frustration. I'd really be in a mess if those men and women weren't out there for me.

And thank you for your prayers.

Yesterday, 3 undercover county sheriffs and a local vice officer raided this house and took the mother into custody. Seems she was on parole and violated her parole. (The police/sheriffs found a gun in her house). At the same time, the animal control officer came and got the pitbull. I think one of the woman's sisters was going to pay the fee and take the dog with her. I'm fine with that. I'd hate for an animal to suffer because of the stupidity of it's owner.

Now, the woman's family is making verbal threats to us about finding out who turned her daughter in. She yelled to my husband that she hoped he got a good nurse at the hospital. (Three neighbors were with him when she said that.)

I want to again take back what I said about our police department. We were able to meet the vice officer who was on this case and were able to provide him with additional documentation. They still think the 18 year old son is trafficking along with the main troublemaker (who was convicted of aggravating menacing on Thursday and given probation-haven't seen him since the fight though). Anyway, they are still investigating.

I'm even more concerned about retaliation as is my DH. He sent me, my youngest son and granddaughter to my mother's house last night. He and my 20 year DS kept watch all night.

I so appreciate your prayers of protection.