MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

$25 WEEKLY PREP LIST FOR FLU AND FIRST AID HOME TREATMENTS *re-posted*

22 hours ago, Ambergris said:

I have read the virus specifically targets (and replicates within) ciliated cells,

Shoot!  That would include bronchial tubes with cillia too, right?  <_<   Kinda figured that from what I'd read....  Not sure I've "regrown" my cillia from the bronchitis incident yet. 

MtRider   ...my bronchial tubes are all to ready to volunteer  :wave: 

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

I started one of those preps too Mommato3boys.

I got the usual children's meds like cough syrup, allergy meds, tylenol, pedialyte, vitamins etc.

I had a feeling these meds would go fast and raise in price now that cold and flu season is around the corner. The last time I as at the Ohio Wal-Mart, the children's meds were locked up with some of the adult multi vitamins.

I told DIL the meds were at my house incase of a little emergency in the middle of the night. Especially since Wal-Mart closes at 8:30 now. Not sure about any 24 hour Walgreens any more.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

:bump1:

Nana has a lot of great practical info on natural antivirals (what to take and what not to take but remember it's an older post and there has been more research since then) and for setting up a sick room in this thread. It will pay to take time to read it through (or again as I did) in case the Covid comes to your house.  It really does pay to be ready.  

:bighug2: 

Edited by Mother
  • Like 3
  • 1 year later...

I've learned a lot in almost 16 years... I almost exclusively use herbs and essential oils now. Supplements can also be your best friends. Very few adults in this country  have sufficient vitamin D levels, and vitamin D is crucial to your immune system. Vitamin E for a lot of other things, vitamin C and green tea for the antioxidants. It's a good start.

It's good to be back. I don't know how often  I'll be able to check in but I'll try to be a little more consistent.

Thanks for the reminder, Darlene. <3

Love,

still Nana

In a world where you can be anything you like, please, be kind.

• Like 4

We have all learned a lot in the last 16 years, Nana, but I’m hoping you will get time to impart some of your learning to us.  The more we learn the better prepared we will be. 

• Like 2

I had forgotten about this. Read it I think in 2020 or 2021. I do have about everything listed from 1st page. Great info. Since I also was in medical field, I knew about all of this. Learned even more about equipment when DH started to become bedridden. Tough times and lots of equipment needed. 

Can't believe the prices from 2006 to now. Prices have really gone way up compared to back then.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, still Nana said:

I've learned a lot in almost 16 years... I almost exclusively use herbs and essential oils now. Supplements can also be your best friends. Very few adults in this country  have sufficient vitamin D levels, and vitamin D is crucial to your immune system. Vitamin E for a lot of other things, vitamin C and green tea for the antioxidants. It's a good start.

Love,

still Nana

I would love to hear your thoughts on using herbs and essential oils...especially sourcing essential oils.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2006 at 9:18 PM, Nana said:

3 boxes oscillococcinum $7.99 ea $23.97

Just in case I wasn't the only curious person: :)

What is Oscillococcinum used for?

Anas barbariae hepatis et cordis extractum 200K (Oscillococcinum®) is used to treat and prevent seasonal colds and airway inflammatory affections, improve symptom control, and reduce the frequency of respiratory tract infection (RTI) episodes.Jan 23, 2018

• Like 2

Okay, ladies...Mother, Dogmom and anyone else who wants to start an herbs and oils journey. I'll give you 4 oils and 4 herbs to get you started. 

Oils to begin your stash;

Lavender- an incredible must have oi for every household. Good for burns, headaches, calming babies, easing earaches, itching and a hundred other things. When mixed with other oils, it's great for allergies, pain, and colds. It's a very mild antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-fungal.

Rosemary- a powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antiviral. It helps to stop hair fall, clears scalp conditions, and helps to regrow hair and eyebrows. Will also naturally darken gray hair.

Peppermint- one drop on your tongue will almost instantly relieve heartburn. It's good for many things, including repelling spiders and some mice. Apparently not in Colorado, though! LOL! Sorry! I can't remember who it was that said that but I hope you're still here. :hi:

Lemon- great for making natural household cleaners. Excellent antibacterial. Blended with lavender and peppermint, it's awesome for relieving allergy symptoms.

Always use a natural carrier oil. Jojoba, fractionated coconut, or sweet almond oil.

Herbs;

Mullein- used as a tea, it helps relieve congestion, and heals the lungs. And it tastes good. With or without honey. (Always use natural, raw honey. It's nature's most loving, and perfect gift. I blend my mullein with green tea and rooibos tea. Incredible antioxidant combination.

Chamomile flowers-can be used as a tea; it eases upset stomachs. simmered in hot water, strained and cooled, spray it on skin irritations, or scrapes and cuts. Very soothing. Great for excema. Tie up a small handful in a coffee filter or small muslin bag and add to a warm bath for a soothing skin treatment.

With the chamomile, add;

Calendula petals

& lavender flowers.

The 3 of them combined are great in the tub but they also (combined) make sleepy time tea look like a rookie.

I'll come back tomorrow to post buying sources and more oils and herbs. I promise. :wub: I my even throw in a couple of recipes.

Love and hugs,

still Nana

In a world where you can be anything, please, be kind.

Edited by still Nana
Goofed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I put this in a new thread here but, I'm having trouble remembering how to navigate the site. Mother, if there's somewhere this oils and herbs journey would be better suited and received, please put it there and just let me know where it is, okay? It's been a long time and I find myself stumbling while attempting to navigate. To anyone who responded to me and I didn't answer, I apologize. I'm a multi-tasker with ocd, who just started yet another small business. :D I get bored easily and love trying new things. I also don't sleep as much as I probably should. Usually I'm up until 4am-ish and back up at 9-10 am. Once in awhile, I sleep until noon. Then, I wake up tired. Life is just chocked full of surprises! :wub:

Love and hugs,

still Nana

• Like 1