MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

whats for dinner?

Last night....fresh catfish from our pond...with fries!

Tonight....burgers on the grill while we're swimming in the pool.

Tomorrow...this yummy chicken casserole I've made for years.

You cook and debone the chicken, laying it across the bottom of a casserole dish, then you mix it a can of cream of mushroom and sour cream together, you spread that over the chicken, on top of that crushed ritz crackers and dabs of butter.....bake until bubbly....so easy and sooo yummy.

Thursday we'll have to eat out because we'll be out and about doing dr appts alllll day....I'll be too pooped!

Friday I'm doing a country meatless dinner....dried bean, cornbread, fried green tomators, mixed greens, mac & cheese

Sat will have to be something easy as I'm working at my stupid part time job....sorry, but I'm so sick of it...but so thankful it's soon coming to an end.

Sunday.....homemade chicken and dumplings...grandma style...with bellpeppers and celery....my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Next week....no eating as I've used all my ideas up this week....we'll call it a cleansing fast or something....hehehehe!

Stephanie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, i dumped my potato bin and harvested my potatoes, i got about 2 meals worth. i took all the smaller ones, and diced them. i mixed them with leftover spaghetti sauce(there was only about half a cups worth left) and salsa, i chopped garlic, onion, green and yellow peppers, spicey peppers(fresh from garden), mushrooms i mixed it all together and baked it for about 40 minutes. then i pulled it out of the oven and put grated cheddar cheese on it and put it back int he oven on grill to melt the cheese and brown it a bit. i hope i remembered all the ingredients. i am sleepy, i was up chatting with mrs.s.

it was sooo good! morrigan didnt like it because it was a littl eon the spicy side, but i gave her a tomato out of my garden and she ate it all up,and fast! she also had cheese and grapes.

we will be having something with ground beef, because that is what's thawed. i dont know what i am going to do with it yet. something involving the rest of my peppers, they are starting to wrinkle a bit.

beef ribs in the crock pot and then on the grill for a final crisping, a big salad, and frozen goatsmilk and strawberry custard. It's fixin' to be 105 today and with no a/c, I will NOT use the oven/stove, and we aren't very hungry.

Lots of fresh squeezed limeade.....

Quote:
Had Blt's and mac-n-cheese last night. Tonight is grocery night.. so hopefully Ill find something interesting at the store. I am soooo out of ideas

that is why we have this thread! heh heh i hope you find something yummi, and have fun trying something new.

well, it would be quick and easy, i bought some eggs, so i am hoping to make muffins. i think that i would liket o keep muffins in my freezer all the time so that i can just nuke one to eat while i walk to work, and then have my coffee there.

i will have to look up some good recipes. i like bluberry oatmeal, and cranberry orange, or cran-lemon, something liek that.

lol it happens. :P

make some soup, or buy some chicken, so you can have your porkchops. lol

I have a chicken thawing - thought I would roast it , with some roasted potato, pumpkin and sweet potato, and add some steamed vegies. I will have to check the garden and see if there enough strawberries for afters.

Sue

pat had wendy's, and i had the oriental salad from mcdonalds. we also has a few sushi rolls, and some fruit. i WAS going to make chicken and roast potatoes. oh well. it was worth eating out to go late evening prep shopping!

Archived