MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

whats for dinner?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't give an anser for Pixie, but for Hon and I (sometimes. I admit to being a chicken as far as eating "fresh" saltwater fish while living in Ohio. A landlocked state. But when I lived in Boston, whole other story! ) its has a fresh clean taste... like you would think the ocean would have. Good sushi has all the flavors and textures going - sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy, spicy.

I know, I know... raw fish. Well, think about it like this. Fish is terribly hard to keep from overcooking. A moment too long in the pan and you have hunks of rubbery ick. Sushi avoids that entirely. And.... it doesn't always have to have raw fish either. There are smoked fish, dried fish, steamed fish rolls, even sushi without any fish at all. Just veggies.

Now. If you like the taste of soy sauce, ginger, and heat... it you like rice.... if you like the veggies involved, give it a try. You might just be surprised!

there are plenty desert sushi's as well. take a look at this site.

CLICKY!

OH, AND SAPPHIRE DOES NOT LIKE SOY SAUCE, BUT SHE DOES LIKE TO DIP HER SUSHI IN LEMON JUICE INSTEAD. IT IS REALLY GOOD!

oops, i am not yelling, but my caps lock was on. morri likes to play with the keyboard. and i am too lazy to retype it all. lol

Last night we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn,noodles and sliced tomatoes.. A another family brought over some yellow rice and hamburger helper...

Tonight?

We are having a picnic at the park so we are making tuna salad sandwiches, chips and whatever else lil dd throws in the basket.. She wanted to spend some family time before she goes back to school on Tuesday! She's too cute!

http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/soups/vegetable25.htm

3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained

1 pound lean or low-fat cubed ham

1 tbsp olive oil

1 cup diced onions

¾ cup diced red bell peppers

2 tbsps minced garlic

½ tsp ground cumin

3 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro

¼ tsp dried thyme

1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes

1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste

2 quarts fat-free chicken stock

salt and black pepper to taste

low-fat or fat-free sour cream

cilantro for garnish

Method:

In a 5-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, red bell peppers and garlic. Sauté vegetables for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in ham and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. Season with cumin, cilantro and thyme. Sauté for 1 minute to allow spices to toast. Blend in Rotel and tomato paste. Add chicken stock and black beans. Bring to a rolling boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 30-45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If a thicker, smoother soup is desired, purée half of the soup in a blender or with a hand mixer. Serve hot with a dollop of low-fat or fat-free sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.

ok, that sounds good, post the recipe please!

Tonight it's just spagetti with meat sauce and parmesan & romano cheese, cole slaw garnished with supremed tomatoes (peeled, seeded and diced), fresh garlic bread, spice cake with broiled coconut frosting and mint tea with lemon. (Boyfriend of daughter is coming to dinner.)

Tommorrow is a dinner party (10 people)and I'm making home made boiled chicken pot pie, copper penny salad or carrot salad and hot rolls with fresh butter and jelly, and I haven't decided on dessert yet. Maybe lemon meringue pie. I was thinking of doing some fresh fruit plates as an appetizer...the kids love that sort of thing, especially if I make swan apples.

Oh yeah, I understand OUT LOL.

Here's the recipe

Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb ground beef

1 cup chopped onion

½ tsp salt

1 c. shredded chedar cheese

½ cup bisquick

1 cup milk

2 eggs

Heat oven to 400. Greats 9 inch pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie palte, sprinkle with cheese. Stir remaing in gradients in bowl until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake 25 mins.

I use the biscuit mix recipe that was posted here. Just add a bit more milk.

I quad the recipe (but double the meat only) and make 2 9x13 pans.

Mo7

Thanks for the cheeseburger pie recipe-probably for this weekend.

Tonight is a maybe night. maybe grilled cheese and salads. Maybe salad sandwiches, egg or tuna. Or loaded baked potatoes (broccoli and cheese make it healthier, right? LOL). I have bananas, berries, plums and whipped cream-I feel a dessert coming on!

Hmmmm more maybes are in my cupboards...LOL.

we are having avacado rolls, and tomato salad.

for tomato salad i dice fresh tomatos(from my garden even!) and purple onion and toss it in a bowl with newmans own thai salad dressing. it is sooo goood!!!!! i can never eat enough. morri loves it too, onions and all

tonight i had salmon. my mom in law brought some over yesterday. and i ate it today. i baked it with lemon juice, butter, fresh chives, fresh lemon basil, sliced yellow peppers, sliced onion, and garlic. it was sooo good! i had ment to add some dill, but i forgot. it tasted awsome anyways. i think that next time i should add sliced lemons. i did not make anything to go withthe salmon because pat does not eat salmon(or any sort of seafood), and i did not want any leftovers, so i just ate the salmon. and a tomato. i love tomatos. pat had n othing. he was going to haveleftover soup, but it went bad, he took one taste, and turned green! i need to find that boy some munchies.

Pepperidge Farm Chocolate cake and cold milk.

Please note I did not say SLICE. Third day back to college, house hunting with BOTH sets of parents wanting to come to each showing and trying to work from home.

Hon can get his own cake. This ones mine.

i have NO idea what we are having for dinnre. we are leaving tomorrow early, so i dont want to start any new meals, or thaw anything that will go bad. maybe pizza? tripple o? tripple o would be cheapoer, since i get a discount.

Well, it's actually cooled off enough for me to want to cook. Tonight, we're having chuck roast with mushrooms & gravy, jasmine rice, spinach, sliced tomatoes and garlic drop biscuits.

I'm seriously jonesin' for some sweet potatoes so, I may have to bake a couple to go with dinner. I'm not sure... it just depends on how I feel in an hour.

Archived