MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

whats for dinner?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made southern fried chicken and Ioe (sp?)...that's an Italian pasta dish...linguini, slice fresh garlic sautee'd in olive oil, mixed with steamed broccoli and cauliflower, with italian breadcrumbs and romano cheese mixed throughout.

I was too tired to do any more than that. lol

wedding cake!!! and whatever they feed us at the reception. lol and some delicious squares that Jo made.

It's Fathers Day here - so we had a roast pork dinner, roast potato and pumpkin and steamed carrots, cauliflower and peas, followed by meringue nests with cream and strawberries. Mmm it was very nice

Wow! Sue, that sounded wonderful!! I hope Father's Day was nice... seems odd that it is in Sept. lol

today i'm making crab salad for lunch and a big pot of chili for supper (with frito's, onions and cheese) We actually call it Frito chili pie...yummy!!!

tomorrow, being Labor Day, it's ribs on the grill, baked beans, potato salad and birthday cake for my youngest son, who is turning three!! Precious baby boy!!

Stephanie

Kewl on the Father's day fun!

Stephanie,

I couldn't wait till tomorrow for BBQ. We're having babybacks, chicken, sliced beef, coleslaw, garlic bread, roasted corn....can I or should I squeeze in dessert? LOL!

cookie

Luckily for me, dinner tomorrow consists of me showing up and sitting down and enjoying. (Its great being the soon-to-be DIL to a professional chef!) But for tonight I have a half turkey breast in the oven along with some stuffing, gravy and some sweet corn on the cob. I've even gone so far as to make dessert. Sliced kiwis tossed with fresh raspberries drizzled with dark chocolate syrup. YUM!

Why? We put an offer on the house and should know by Friday one way or the other..... So.... we're doing a little casting our bread on water and celebrating the fact we've gotten this far.

Baked salmon with dill seasoning

Hollandaise sauce on the side

Steamed fresh green beans from the garden with a little butter/salt; and

Brown Rice

Later for dessert - second round on the blackberry pie I made yesterday from wild berries picked on our property that afternoon (scrumptious!)

of course we want the recipe!

2 cans of pillsbury biscuits (or 1 batch homemade rolled into balls)

1/2 lb hamburger

1 pkg pepperoni cut in halves or fourths.

1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped (optional)

1 med onion chopped (optional)

1 can mushrooms (optional)

1/4 can of olives chopped (optional)

1-2 jars pizza sauce (or use homemade amount depends on how saucy you like your pizza-biscuits soak up the sauce)

Mozzerlla cheese

Fry up your hamburger and drain.

Saute your onions. When they are almost done throw in your green peppers and mushrooms. Add in your hamburger, pepperoni and pizza sauce.

Cut biscuits into small pieces (3rds or 4ths) and put them into a 9x13 pan and mash them down to cover the bottom of the pan. (or toss the balls of homemade biscuits into the bottom and do the same) To make your pizza crust. Top with the meat/veggie mixture and spread evenly over biscuits.

Add your cheese and olives and put into the oven to bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes and Voila!

Archived