MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Starting again...

Darlene

Well, I got messed up with my suffer diet when I had to go outta town...

In preparation for starting it again, I've been eating everything I want to excess. *rolling eyes*

I think I'm ready again, so I'm starting the suffer diet again. I'll keep you posted as to the weight I lose, but more than that, it'll get me back on track.

It's interesting how stress and other things can throw routines out of kilter. Hopefully westie will be willing to suffer with me...lol

Hi Darlene,

You know what my dh and I are seriously considering? The GI Diet, or Glycemic Index. It really sounds great, and ideal for Diabetics (we both are type II).

Do any of you folks have any experience with this? It is low carb like Atkins,South Beach, Sugar Busters, etc... but suppose to be really balanced and healthy.

Stephanie

I'm not familiar with that particular one, although I've done the South Beach diet in the past and loved it...it's very close to how I normally eat anyway (except when I'm outta control right now)...

*darlene munches on some more watermelon...*

*rolling eyes*

lol

I want chocolate, I want something salty...I want something crunch, a fresh loaf of bread smothered with butter sounds good about now.

I want chocolate and steak and chicken...I want fried potatoes and chocolate.

Did I mention chocolate?

I wanna make some more chocolate chip cookies, I want some peach crisp.

I have had watermelon and cabbage soup.

The GI diet is more a way of life than a "diet" It is making choices - eating foods that will have slow release energy, usually because the foods have higher fibre content, and are less processed therefore the body will take longer to digest them.

I tried to search for information on the internet about a year ago, and found very little info. But there are a lot of books out there now. The biggest key is unprocessed whole foods in as close to their natural state as possible. !!! But I had to concede that some things are processed but you still have to have them sometimes!! Just in moderation!

Sue

I lost a half pound yesterday. I think I need a new scale that goes 1/4 pounds!

I had two bowls of soup and a 1/4 honeydew melon and a salad. Maybe I will be on day one again.

out of soup.. gonna go make more.

I like the soup too chica...

Just not for breakfast, lunch, dinner, 92 times a day for 87 weeks in a row.

Yanno what I mean?

lol

I am committed to suffering along with you...I sure hope I lose some weight when I weigh in the morning...I'm making 2 loaves of cinnamon swirl bread, a pot of chicken soup, a pot of marinara, a potroast with garlic mashed potatoes, a salad and greenbeans with diced red peppers, shiitake mushrooms, onion and fresh garlic...oh and I have peach butter simmering in the crockpot.

Can't say I'm looking forward to cabbage soup again, but the weight loss is worth it...if I didn't lose the weight so well on this suffer diet, it woulda been in the trash last time lol...

mmmmmmmmmmm cabbage soup for breakfast.. oh baby! my favorite.

but today you can have all vegetables.. leafy greens, celery, bell pepper, squash and a baked potato with butter!

no corn, beans, or other high calorie vegetables.

A friend lost 75lbs just by cutting out refined sugar and eating more fruit and veggies, I think in a matter of 6 months.

Then she lost 212lbs in one day, just by signing her divorce papers lol.

Good luck on your quest.

Archived