MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schoolmarm

Water?

I like that pod, Fritz. I didn't even know there was anything like that. Thanks for the link.

I wanted to buy some of those plastic blue barrels for gray water. Shipping is just too high. I went to our local TS_ (can't remember what it's called) and they don't carry anything like that. I looked up Farm Fleet and Agway on line and they didn't have anything either. I don't know what kind of place would carry them now. I thought sure the farm supply places would.

Read the fine print on some of the bladder/pod style tub fills. Some of them say one-shot-deal. (But maybe with handy duct tape it could be used more than once??).

I have an Aquapod too for one bathroom.

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Read the fine print on some of the bladder/pod style tub fills. Some of them say one-shot-deal. (But maybe with handy duct tape it could be used more than once??).

I have that as an emergency item in the bathroom. My view is that if I need it, I wouldn't be able to refill it anyway since the water would be out. Then after the situation is over, I'll get some more of them.

As for places to get barrels, maybe a gardening place? The farm places probably carry the water tanks that are up in the 500 gallon and up range. Check the business to business section of the phone book.

Originally Posted By: Fritz_Monroe

I have that as an emergency item in the bathroom. My view is that if I need it, I wouldn't be able to refill it anyway since the water would be out. Then after the situation is over, I'll get some more of them.

As for places to get barrels, maybe a gardening place? The farm places probably carry the water tanks that are up in the 500 gallon and up range. Check the business to business section of the phone book.

I had hoped to use it for more than one Hurricane or hurricane season...

ah well. It's useful!!! And come a bad situation, I will be grateful.

Thanks though!!! thanks

Thanks Fritz. We have plenty of garden centers around here. I never thought about them. I think I'm getting dull these days. I don't seem to be able to come up with alternative ideas lately.

The least expensive 55 gallon water barrel I have found is $79.99 INCLUDING SHIPPING. The seller is h20stan on Ebay. Here is a link to one of the barrels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/55-gallon-plastic-wa...1QQcmdZViewItem

He also has complete 55 gallon barrel kits with pump and water preserver for $119.99 including shipping.

Cookie, I didn't think about reusing them. I don't live in an area that is hit by many natural disasters. I felt the plastic used and I don't think it would be used more than one time.

Campy, that's a good price on those barrels. Thanks for the link. I'll definately look at this guy once we can move.

Point taken Fritz smile

and Campy caught me on another part of the forum trying to see if anyone had used the Baytec company. blush

I found a Coca cola bottler here in Miami, now to get up the nerve to call and see if they sell old syrup barrels food grade being so good and I will scrub those babies out. laugh

I have some unusual issues Fritz in that if a Hurricane comes the dropping berometer pressure has literally *popped* a cheap water bottle before (I may have had it filled too close to the top too).

Has anyone heard of keeping water barrels up off the ground on something like a pallet?

Has anyone heard of keeping water barrels up off the ground on something like a pallet?

Yep but think it so that you can get a bucket or something on it so that you can water out, you know the law of gravity. You will need it high enough to get water out even if you install the spigot and hose.

I personally would build a block as tall as a 5 gallon bucket and set on before filling it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.