MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finally Friday!!!!!!

mommafitz

Good morning ladies!

Yes, it's finally Friday, not tht that will make a difference here, DH doesn' thave a day off until NEXT Sunday...or, well Wednesday...Dh's temporary appointment at the post office expires on Wednesday, but they should have his test results and make him perm on that day. We hope. THEY hope, because now casuals (temp workers) are no longer allowed to carry routes and the (what they call) part time floater quit with no notice yesterday because she thought it would actually be part time, so they desperately need to get him in there perm.

Of course, that leaves us no time to go car shopping, and that situation has gone from bad to worse. Dh's car has been in pieces until yesterday, for the last two weeks. He needed new head gaskets and it took him and one guy helping him two weeks doing it around work schedules to get it done. They get it all done yesterday and the car won't start. The guy who's helping us (not charging us, refuses to take money but has at least let me feed him) thinks now it's the pistons. So DH has been having to bum rides to work and pay for gas money which is costing us more cause the guy he gets rides with also has to come home (he's on disability so he isn't working) and his car doesn't get as good gas mileage as ours does. So we have got to get a van ASAP but I can't test drive one cause I don't have a license (long story, let's just say I'm paying off fines, LOL). Because we need one asap we are going to end up paying more than we wanted.

But on the plus side, I got laundry done yesterday, about 7 loads, and already have some going today. I've been so behind cause of the weather (I can't dry inside, no dryer hook up) and cause they have been spraying for weed and mossies. But I finally got some time in our complex's laundry room, and got in there early this AM. We have one washer and one dryer for 18 apartments, half of which have families. The laundrymat in town charges $2.00 to wash and it ends up costing about $4.00 to dry.

It's supposed to be much cooler today, we have rain coming, I'm looking forward to the cool down. tomorrow it's supposed to be cool enough I am making soup.

ETA Boy that sounds like a lot of complaining! I really am happy today LOL...guess I just needed to vent!

Mo7

Happy anniversary Mommafitz!

Today is a day off for me. I have to ship a book I sold and take my spinning wheel to a local spinning and weaving shop so they can help me adjust it and/or get a new part for it.

Yesterday was cloudy and rainy, today looks mostly sunny so far. At least the temps aren't as hot as they were! I have weeds to cut and cleaning to do too.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy anniversary Mommafitz!

WE GOT THE CAR!!

then i will havet o get a move on and get my drivers test scheduled.

i got an invitation inthemail for my cousins wedding in october, and i wasnt planninb to attend, but now i think i will. i really do miss my family (ALL of them, and there are a lot!)

there was something i had to do today that i dont remember...i cant think what! oh well. i hope it was not too important.

well, i have to get ready to go, i am going to a friends house for coffee. she got some new computer gaming stuff for our favorite game, and she wants to show it off. we play the sims2. (yeah, i know, we're nerds! lol)

have a good day everyone!

Hi everyone. It's still Friday here for 25 minutes. I have good news. My computer is finally fixed! We actually rebuilt it (we, meaning Kev and his friend...I had nothing to do with it!) We managed to save $700 by only buying the components we needed instead of a package from Dell like we were going to.

So, I have the opportunity to be around a bit more often...maybe! This summer has been way too busy, and I really need to get back into my writing. And someone has contacted me asking for a quote to edit some short stories. But I have missed you all. I've tried to pop in and see what's going on, but I have not often had the time to post. I hope that can change now.

~Jo

JO!

Archived