MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cookiejar

ceiling shelves

One of the problems with our urban living is lack of storage. I thought this was pretty cool, though they only showed a garage.

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=17442

These rafter styles were cool also:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/product358_0.htm

I can't find the image of the one I'd like to do over my laundry area. I'm thinking open height would be good for both ventilation around buckets and keeping critters at bay?

Just an idea

Kewl Granny! Break out the honeydo list!!!

One of these ceiling units limits it to 160 pounds...hmmm.

The wooden one at the first site.

What could I put up with 160 pounds?

All paper products comes to mind. What do you think?

Hmmmmmmmm, off the ground, harder to reach, harder for vermin....I know, I could hide my stash of chocolate!

Or, how many containers of ovaltine is that?

Quote:
One of the problems with our urban living is lack of storage. I thought this was pretty cool, though they only showed a garage.

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=17442

These rafter styles were cool also:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/product358_0.htm

I can't find the image of the one I'd like to do over my laundry area. I'm thinking open height would be good for both ventilation around buckets and keeping critters at bay?

Just an idea

I think they would work in a basement as well. Then put
in a drop ceiling.

Cookie? You need any help hiding the ovaltine? Just drop it my way.... I'll make sure it stays NICE and safe. (And here I thought I was the only one who still drank the stuff!)

Since I can't have a basement in my area, I didn't think of that! Very Kewl idea for a basement. Hmmmmm, or a storage room? Covered garage? Barn?

Rox!!! Magpie is after my ovaltine again!!! LOL

Hmmmmmmmmmm REALLY secret ovaltine stash area. (Non-shiny)

go to home depot, lowes or where ever sells closet stuff.

see the wire shelving for closets? think about putting above the door in the bedroom.

I have them in every room, no one notices them, they hold quite a bit of weight.

same principal as the garage door

neat o!

i have a very limited amount of storage space, i dont even have a garage! (darn multi-family dwellings!) but i have a storage room, and i need to find a way to re-organize it so that i can fit a deep-freeze into it. this cieling storage is a great idea. at the moment i have a wodden bar across the roof that i hang things on. heh heh a lot of great ideas here! (makes me SUPER glad to be a part of mrs.s!)

Pixie, I forgot to mention that the wire closet shelf above the door.. goes across the entire wall.

My daughter stores her flue, sax and violin on it along with her most valued junk! but.. it keeps it off the floor. She also has a diaper bag hanging on it and her stuffed animals in it. She hangs overflow from her closet on it too! that is when it isn't on the floor! she doesn't let me in her room anymore cause I like helping clean her room... "go get me a trash bag! if it is on the floor then that means you have too much!"

heh heh cool!

Try not to laugh, but I was looking at the idea of cargo nets too. I saw one strung in a garage with basketballs, sleeping bags, folded up tarps, those vacuum spacesaver bags, and such in it. Up out of the way and ventilated.

Have to worry about mildew and bugs down here.

And the cargo net would make bugging out with the stuff easy....if you can lift it & hoist it onto your vehicle.

MtRider

hey, thats pretty good...now all i need is a truck and a garage! lmao

i like the cargo nets idea....for my kids rooms. i bought one of those teddy hammoks, and it was a joke. it could only hold 2 teddies, 3 if they were fairly small. i want a big huge one, my kids have so much stuff. :P

110984_bu.jpg

This is a store pod for up in the attic. I can see it being useful to keep dust and such off. Maybe moisture.

Originally Posted By: Amishway Homesteaders
makes you think?

Makes you think what? You lost me....

I know I know easy to do grin

be nice to have an attic that tall! I have a low roof line as I live in a California bungalow.

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Originally Posted By: Amishway Homesteaders
makes you think?

Makes you think what? You lost me....

I know I know easy to do grin

sorry makes me thing of ways to use it.
Maybe in a tent camping to keep things dry?
maybe put things in it like your bob's so thay are all in one place?
maybe put all the things we need in case we have to leave fast? drag the thing out to the van and toss it in - sort later?

and the best one . . .
made you post asking why. smile

thglitterthanks.gif for such good ideas. th6dee1705-2.gif

We do have a lot of storage space, but, one can always use more. smile I would love to have the garage more organized, as well as the basement. smile

Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker
Can't put much in the attic here it will melt-----

I think the idea I was trying to denote was that we could put things up there that wouldn't spoil or such...maybe things like glassware? Boxes of china? Jackets?

I understand it getting hot enough to melt things. I've even considered a solar circulating vent-one that just takes care of itself and keeps air moving through.

Just bouncing around ideas.

http://www.theshelffactory.com.futuresite...._wsn/page2.html

I was looking for decorative brackets and these look reasonably priced. I'm hoping to get shelves put at the tops of the walls over all the windows pretty soon. Figured I could start with my bedroom and do one room at a time. If you drill a hole thru the supports that are on either side of the window, you can run a wooden dowel rod or metal rod thru the holes and put a decorative cap on each end. Here are some pretty ones:

http://www.countrycurtains.com/sdx/H24715.jsp

(I've never ordered from either of these places, so have no idea how the service or anything is. They are just two sites I found to show what I want to do.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.